My vintage British motorcycles

Rocky_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Man that Tiger is Gorgeous! Triumph got that series right did they not?

Rocky you just needed to click on the IMG link to copy it and post it in your thread. I fixed it for you
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Man that Tiger is Gorgeous! Triumph got that series right did they not?

Rocky you just needed to click on the IMG link to copy it and post it in your thread. I fixed it for you
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.
Thanks ferret for fixing the post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, of all the British bikes back then, Triumph got the profile just right and I smile every time I look at it.
 
Beautiful motorcycles, Rocky...

I wanted the Trident badly way back when but could never get the hang of the right side shifter.
 
Beautiful, Rocky. Lovely work.

A confession, if I may? It makes me laugh when you say "It still looks and runs a good as it did back then." reminds me of friends at that time who had Triumphs that spent more time in bits than on the road and, when they did run, leaked oil faster than you could put it in! Still, they are a beautiful looking bikr.
Beautifu;, Rocky. Lovely work.

A confession, if I may? It makes me laugh when you say "It still looks and runs a good as it did back then." reminds me of friends at that time who had Triumphs that spent more time in bits than on the road and, when they did run, leaked oil faster than you could put it in! Still, they are a beautiful looking bikr.
 
Beautiful Tiger, Rocky!!! I had a '68 model (silver tank) in my younger days. I learned more about motorcycle wrenching from that bike than any other.
 
Love the BSA also Rocky because it's the bike on which I learned to ride. It belonged to a high school buddy and it hooked me on motorcycles forever.
 
Nice bikes Rocky, and good work. Next time your in Sydney come and do some work on this for me.

5d5806558ed6915e5773561ced281ef0.jpeg


Cheers
 
Thread starter
Thanks again everyone for the kind words.
I agree that British bikes had their problems; some of it deserved and some not.
In 1957 at age 19 I rode a BSA 650cc Golden Flash from my home in Nova Scotia to Boston and back with not the slightest problem.
I did that again in 1999, but this time it was an a modern Honda Hawk NT650.
When I restored these bikes and their engines I took great pains ($$$) to get them right so they don't leak by using modern components, gaskets and sealants.
Neither bike has ever let me down and in the last 20 years since I've had them I've never had a failure or a problem. Both have an electronic ignition system. I feed them lots of fresh oil and they have been completely reliable and will start with one kick.
I belong to a vintage bike club and we ride every second weekend - sometimes as much as 200 miles in a day ride at an average speed of 50-55 mph on our winding coastal roads.
I raised the gearing on both bikes to keep the revs and vibration down so I can cruise all day and not feel beat up at the end of the day.
We don't thrash the beejeebers out of them or abuse them. We save that for our modern bikes.
Bikes like these are a hobby and a lark - and they certainly aren't a CB1100 - just lots of fun :D
 
Elipten_imp said:
Trumpet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trumpet is another nickname for Triumphs in the 60's. Triumph, Trumpet, Turnip were all commonly used
 
Thread starter
jrns_imp said:
wow- fantastic Rocky. pristine condition. are these bikes insurable?
Thanks jrns
Yes, and the rates are quite reasonable - around $140.00 each for PL and PD - depending on the company.

Renew the annual permit, buy the insurance, and you're good to go.
 
Rocky_imp said:
jrns_imp said:
wow- fantastic Rocky. pristine condition. are these bikes insurable?
Thanks jrns
Yes, and the rates are quite reasonable - around $140.00 each for PL and PD - depending on the company.

Renew the annual permit, buy the insurance, and you're good to go.
Thanks jrns
Yes, and the rates are quite reasonable - around $140.00 each for PL and PD - depending on the company.

Renew the annual permit, buy the insurance, and you're good to go.
that is amazingly reasonable Rocky. do you get the same rates for your cb11? I may have to change insurers ... ;)
 
Back
Top