My version of a sport tourer

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I went into the garage to play around with some soft bags I already purchased a couple years back to see how they would look on the CB1100. I really had no intention of using them but said what the heck, I'll try them. They are Nelson Riggs sport bags. Plus I threw my puig windscreen and GPS back on. Bags are good for a short weekend blast.


Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Ha! George rode down to our Not-a-Rally in Cottonwood Arizona - from Seattle Washington. Again.

George shows up on either a Moto Guzzi V7, or Moto Guzzi Griso, this year it was the Griso. His luggage is a small water proof duffle. I think it holds as much as a three ring binder. 2000 miles one way. Stock seat, small windscreen (usually none), virtually no luggage; he's a machine!

George is 81 years old. Rides like a 26 year old. He puts the "Sport" in sport touring.
 
Hey USCGMAC,
Love your bike!!!
I have also have a black CB and live in Long Island. I thought I was the only one with a black CB around here!

Where are you on LI? I live in Holbrook.

Looks like you replaced your handlebars, do they pull back more or is that a riser. Can't make out from picture. Are the tank pads homemade? They look perfect. I just put tank pads on mine but they look too small. I will take picture and upload.

Hope to see you on the road...
Dino
 
Thread starter
Dvassino_imp said:
Hey USCGMAC,
Love your bike!!!
I have also have a black CB and live in Long Island. I thought I was the only one with a black CB around here!

Where are you on LI? I live in Holbrook.

Looks like you replaced your handlebars, do they pull back more or is that a riser. Can't make out from picture. Are the tank pads homemade? They look perfect. I just put tank pads on mine but they look too small. I will take picture and upload.

Hope to see you on the road...
Dino
Hey D, Im in Seaford. Their are several black ones on the island, your the fourth that i know of plus ive seen two red 13s around. The bars are Renthal low road bars. No risers added, they are stock. The tank pads are tech spec, got them on ebay and they are originally for a Boneville but work fine on our bike.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. I also have a tank bag which I forgot to put on for the pic. Plus if need be I have a kuryakyn grand tour bag sitting in my basement I could always strap on the back seat but that would require putting the stock seat back on or getting a rack.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The bags work great. Nelson rigs sport bags. You can get them in a larger size too. These are great for the bare essentials. Good enough for an overnight trip. Add a tail pack and your good to go for a couple more days.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
The bags work great. Nelson rigs sport bags. You can get them in a larger size too. These are great for the bare essentials. Good enough for an overnight trip. Add a tail pack and your good to go for a couple more days.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
I have the larger size (SPRT-50) and they're not a good fit for the CB1100. With the way the turn signals sit, the big bags are right under your thighs, covering half the side panels. They'd probably fit fine with the turn signals relocated somewhere around the tail light.
 
Thread starter
Good to know. The smaller ones fit just right without having to move anything.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top