My Two Bonnevilles

ClassicVW_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, I had started out looking for another CB after realizing I should have kept mine. I was also considering a BMW R1200C cruiser, another bike that I had owned then sold. Well, IMO all the cruisers I looked at were way overpriced for a 15 year old machine and did I really want to buy something that old?

And I couldn't find a reasonably priced CB that compared to what I had had. Yeah, mine was just too nice.

So I would come to realize that there are some really good deals to be had on slightly used Triumphs. So I wound up with TWO 2014 Bonnevilles that were outfitted already with options I would probably buy anyway. Why two? I intend to keep them about 160 miles apart, one at home, and one at a summer home.

The white one has a Road Comet fairing from our friend Mr T!
 
Cool, never seen a RC on a Bonnie. Looks good.(and I see someone in the background has my truck lol)
 
Nice job, CVW. Comet fits nice! I also had two Bonnies, '05 and '06 that I took in separate accessorizing directions. They are remarkably versatile bikes for personalizing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
They look good, CVW. I like those wheels.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Well, I had started out looking for another CB after realizing I should have kept mine. I was also considering a BMW R1200C cruiser, another bike that I had owned then sold. Well, IMO all the cruisers I looked at were way overpriced for a 15 year old machine and did I really want to buy something that old?

And I couldn't find a reasonably priced CB that compared to what I had had. Yeah, mine was just too nice.

So I would come to realize that there are some really good deals to be had on slightly used Triumphs. So I wound up with TWO 2014 Bonnevilles that were outfitted already with options I would probably buy anyway. Why two? I intend to keep them about 160 miles apart, one at home, and one at a summer home.

The white one has a Road Comet fairing from our friend Mr T!
Well done....
 
I bought a 2016 T120 in white and black, dressed it up with the Triumph accessory saddle bags and screen for light touring, and now I want a T120 Black for a pub cruiser. I'm happy that I'm not the only crazy person here.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys! Ferret, the truck is my next door neighbor's.
I was very pleasantly surprised to see that Mr. T had the Road Comet for a Bonneville. And it is Bonneville specific. The slot on the left side near the turn signal is longer to accommodate the ignition switch that was still in that spot in 2014.
 
Nice! I had a 2012 mag-wheel Bonnie for over 3 years and loved it. Used to tell my wife that even if I hadn't ridden it in a long while, it was always like slipping on your favorite old pair of Levis - comfortable and familiar immediately.
 
I've got the Scrambler, which is more my style. The bikes are boringly reliable and well made, though a bit undervalued on the used market. Just a nice do-it-all bike.
 
Back
Top