My samurider order:

Thanks, popgun, I got it and I've replied. I couldn't get past the requirement to log into an email account (presumably yours). As I don't think you should give me your password, we might have to try something else!
 
check you email again. man, I hope Hirem could open it. We'll get it to you Hiram! Cormanus is good!
 
I had no problems ordering engine guards. Requested quote as per the website; got email in english confirming price; accepted this; was sent a paypal invoice; paid; and order was dispatched the same day.

Then received emails from the Japanese postal system to tell me when my item was collected from the seller, delivered to the airport, left Tokyo, and arrived in the UK.

Halfway across the world in three days.

Then the UK postal system kicked in - took ten days to clear customs, pay the VAT and customs'handling charge' and eventually collected it from my local depot as it was easier than trying to agree a delivery time, as I'm inconsiderate enough to be at work when deliveries are normally done.

Delivery note was in English/Japanese, and handwritten on some packaging material was "thank you for your order" in English - writing was a little shaky, but a damn sight better than I could have written in Kanji.

I can't fault Samurider for their service and coutesy.
 
Hiram,

I sent it to you again. You should be able to open it this time.
Insolvent,

It is supposed to be in English (for us anyway). Apparently what happens is, sometimes but not always, the Japan paypal computers set the language back to Kanji. And then threads like this ensue. Gotta love computers!
 
Popgun, I've got the pictures. I think I've got it figured so I'll copy them from the document and post a bit of a how-to.
 
Thank you Cormanus!
 
Hiram

Notice how cleverly popgun got out of posting more photos and got me to do his work for him? He's good.

Anyway, here goes.

I assume you got an email from Samurider. It probably contains a link and that takes you to a PayPal page that looks something like this (without the annotations)


The Kanji at the top right hand corner of the screen (marked '1' in my picture) has a little downward pointing arrow next to it. Click on it and you should be able to change the language to English.

If that doesn't work (or just for fun anyway) click on the downward arrow in the box that my '2' is pointing at and change your country to 'United States'.

You should then see a screen that looks like this:


You can then pay with PayPal or using your credit card.

I hope that works and you are able to get your screen without the additional expense of Japanese lessons.

Others who have bought stuff from Samurider may be able to comment.
 
LOL Cormanus.

Now I'm :blush:
Ferret,

Notice on the last pic that you can pay using a PayPal account, OR by using a credit card. That's what I was trying to convey on that order you made. Don't know why it didn't work for you.
 
I've been keeping Takashi busy with orders, changes to orders, and special requests. Mr. T dto make a lot of calls to get parts that are normally part of a set. Good to know if you mess up one side of a bike and don't need 2 pegs or levers or bar ends or mirrors.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
cormanus,

I sent you the instructions that paypal Japan gave to Mr. T to give to me. Sent to your gmail account. Let me know if you don't get it.

I think it is a weblink. I haven't ordered in a long time so can't remember everything though.

Mr. T tries to send the invoice in English to English speakers, but sometimes, somehow, it arrives in Kanji. Once you click on the drop down, the form changes to the the language you select.

The first Mr. T order I did came in English and the next 2 came in Kanji, but was easy peasy to change once we knew how.

Maybe you could do a how to with the info I sent. I know this happened to a member of the UK board too and I had to help him.
First of all I need to thank each and everyone of you with the help you have offered me in resolving this problem. I must confess that if I have not resolved it yet it's not due to lack of help on your part.

I received instructions from Samurai that will allow me to pay through a "bank transfer". I will try and find someone that could possibly "decode" the pay pal info and still get it done in that fashion, but I think that the bank transfer is the less painful one.

I find that there is too much assumption by business and the younger generation that everyone uses and understand computers. I barely use computers, and will go out of my way to stay clear of all things computer related. I own a motorcycle that will give me miles per gallons, distances traveled yet when I had to re set the time last spring I had to go to the dealership to have it done! It's not just the technology that I find overwhelming. It's the language used with every second word abbreviated so as to ensure that unless you already know, you will never know. I have gotten along for 64 years without this technology even though in the last 12 years of my career many of my co workers made life impossible for me for refusing to surrender to it. Now I'm retired and thought that the battle had been won, yet here comes my CB1100 with an owner's manual geared to someone that's never loosened a screw, but are perfectly capable of re setting the clock and the miles per gallon info. So just when I thought it was safe along comes "Pay Pal" in Japanese no less!
Lord Popgun_imp said:
LOL Cormanus.

Now I'm :blush:
Ferret,

Notice on the last pic that you can pay using a PayPal account, OR by using a credit card. That's what I was trying to convey on that order you made. Don't know why it didn't work for you.
Ferret; Where is this information contained in the forms sent to me by Samurider? In order to find this page I must click on every symbol (and there are many) so as to make this page appear. As I told the company, all this can be avoided by simply communicating in English with U.S customers. I thank you and everyone else that's helped in this matter, but the blame is on me for not understanding any of this.
 
Hiram,

Did Mr. T send you an invoice? The way he works is you pick what you want and he sends an email. If you agree with the prices, THEN he will email you the invoice. It looks like the above and should be in English. If it is not, it is not Mr. T's fault, but you just follow the instructions Cormanus posted above and it will change to English. Then you enter your payment, either by paypal or your credit card and Mr. T will ship.

FYI--Mr. T speaks very good English. But the invoice goes through the Paypal Japan computers and they will, sometimes, change the language to Kanji.

PS; asking ferret about this is like asking me about posting pics. Just sayin...
 
I knew you'd like that :)
 
Hiram

You seem to be able to manage to find your way around the computer well enough to manage the vagaries of this web site, so you're clearly not completely out of your depth.

Is there a link to a website in the email you've received from Takashi san? Does it take you to a website that looks anything like this one:
.

If not, perhaps you could describe what you have received and we can try to go from there.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hiram,

Did Mr. T send you an invoice? The way he works is you pick what you want and he sends an email. If you agree with the prices, THEN he will email you the invoice. It looks like the above and should be in English. If it is not, it is not Mr. T's fault, but you just follow the instructions Cormanus posted above and it will change to English. Then you enter your payment, either by paypal or your credit card and Mr. T will ship.

FYI--Mr. T speaks very good English. But the invoice goes through the Paypal Japan computers and they will, sometimes, change the language to Kanji.

PS; asking ferret about this is like asking me about posting pics. Just sayin...
I rode to Miami yesterday and my son helped me in opening a "Pay Pal" account. It is far more difficult than I ever imagined. The page you guys are talking about is inside the Pay Pal information. It was all fine and dandy until the very end. I was quoted the fairing (with the stripe) at just around $380.00. It appears that Pay Pal comes at a premium because they are quoting a price of $515.00! This is not what was originally quoted. Somewhere in the future there must be a happy ending to this saga, but I just don't see it now.
 
Something is wrong. The seller pays a fee to PayPal (around 3%) but you should only pay the price of the merchandise and shipping.
 
CB is right.

Email Mr. T and explain what is happening. He will help you work this out.
Edit to add. The exchange rate as shown on samurider has held fairly steady for a while now. Been fluctuating from around 83.50 to 84.10 or so yen per dollar.
 
Yes, CB is right. I have an order in process right now, in fact the parts are in customs in LA last time I checked. It was very painless for me. So DO send an email to Mr. T. He is very helpful, communicates well, and will take care of your problem. For example, he emailed me after I made payment to him via Paypal and let me know that 2 items I ordered were, according to one of the part manufacturers, incompatable with each other. He asked me if I would like to cancel one of them, and if so which one. I told him and he refunded the price of it to my Paypal account. Very smooth and professional - I am completely pleased with how this transaction has progressed. So send him an email explaining what is happening and I'm quite certain he will get it corrected.
 
I emailed them and Mr T got back to me in English and send me an invoice through PayPal, all in English and completed transaction without incident. Just have to wait for my fender now.
 
Great!

Keep in mind that May 4 and 5th are holidays in Japan. Its noted on the Samurider site. Maybe he shipped it already!
 
Back
Top