My samurider order:

Hiram E. Varona_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I am wondering if others have had a similar problem with Samurider due to the language barrier. I recently ordered the Comet II fairing and when I received the billing documents I found out they were all in Japanese. I wrote them explaining that "I might take a while filling out the credit card info. since I would first have to find someone that spoke Japanese to translate the material". However I did add, "If you could send me the info. in English then I would be able to send back my order form much faster." Am I the only one with this problem? I read all kinds of comments on how easy it is to do business with them, yet I am now confronted with a language problem I had not expected. I speak two languages, but neither is Japanese!
 
You can use Paypal to make the transaction easier.
 
I actually opened a Paypal account to buy stuff from Samurider. I don't think he took credit cards back then. Sounds like the CC process might be different. My entire transaction was conducted in (surprisingly good) English.

That said, I'm sure if you email Takashi and describe the problem he should be able to help you out. He's gotta be the most accommodating merchant I've run across in years.
 
In the upper right hand corner of the invoice is a little drop down. Click on it and select English and the invoice will change to English. Been there done that. Mr. even had to contact the paypal of Japan for us to figure it out.
 
PayPal, you'll need it sooner or later for something.
It's also a good secure way to pay at many websites without divulging your credit card number to them, possibly a small mom/pop shop with little IT support...
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
In the upper right hand corner of the invoice is a little drop down. Click on it and select English and the invoice will change to English. Been there done that. Mr. even had to contact the paypal of Japan for us to figure it out.
That's very good information. Now all I need to find out is what a "little drop down" is. I'll need a stronger mind than mind to do this...
 
A drop down is a box with, usually, an arrow, that you click on and a list of selections will "drop down". You then click on the selection you want. You want English. Its in the upper right. A little box with kanji in it. attached to the box on the left side is the arrow (think its an arrow) Click on it and select English.
Ok,
I found the instructions with pics that Mr. T sent me (sorry ferret...) If you PM me your email address I will send it to you. You will see how easy it is!
 
Why are you apologizing to me popgun?
 
Well you remember that you had the same problem and I couldn't find the instructions from Mr. T. And you ended up getting your son to do the order for you.

And now this and I find Mr. T's email without any problem... Please don't send me to band camp :)
Hummm, now that I think about it, I think your problem was slightly different. Something about paypal IIRC.
 
Ahh gotcha. Yea I don't have paypal, but my son does. All this new fangled stuff is driving this old guy crazy. paypal, trying to figure how fuel computers work, but then again I can post pictures.. Oh right you can too now lol
 
He should be good, I sent him the instructions from Mr. T.

Sometimes Hedge, the invoice comes in Kanji instead of English and you have to change the language selection on the form. Apparently I was the first to have that happen and Mr. T got it figured out after we went back and forth a few times working on it. Great service!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well you remember that you had the same problem and I couldn't find the instructions from Mr. T. And you ended up getting your son to do the order for you.

And now this and I find Mr. T's email without any problem... Please don't send me to band camp :)
Hummm, now that I think about it, I think your problem was slightly different. Something about paypal IIRC.
I think I might have found a solution to this particular problem I found out that there is an academy in Miami that teaches foreign languages. My plan is to enroll in a class teaching Japanese and eventually I will dicifer the info. contained in the forms. It would take about the same amount of time as "clicking down" to change the language. And then there's the possibility of leaving the bake "naked" and not put the fairing on. I must admit that I've been looking forward to the installation, but hey, no one said life was easy.
 
Hiram, are the billing documents on the web somewhere? If so, do you know how to take a shot of your computer screen and post the picture up here?

If so, I'm sure we can quickly guide you to a solution.

Otherwise, could I suggest contacting Takashi. Members here report he is amazingly helpful and responsive. I'm sure he'll quickly help you get the documents in English.

PM me if you think I can help you.
 
LOL,

I needed that class for posting pics. That turned out to be easy--with a little help from my friends here!

Hiram, I will be clicking down to change the language soon. I'm going to order a Road Comet from Mr. T too!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
LOL,

I needed that class for posting pics. That turned out to be easy--with a little help from my friends here!

Hiram, I will be clicking down to change the language soon. I'm going to order a Road Comet from Mr. T too!
Popgun, how do the documents come—is it via a weblink or some cunning form of PDF?
 
cormanus,

I sent you the instructions that paypal Japan gave to Mr. T to give to me. Sent to your gmail account. Let me know if you don't get it.

I think it is a weblink. I haven't ordered in a long time so can't remember everything though.

Mr. T tries to send the invoice in English to English speakers, but sometimes, somehow, it arrives in Kanji. Once you click on the drop down, the form changes to the the language you select.

The first Mr. T order I did came in English and the next 2 came in Kanji, but was easy peasy to change once we knew how.

Maybe you could do a how to with the info I sent. I know this happened to a member of the UK board too and I had to help him.
 
Back
Top