Blockhead_imp
Been there
Thread starter
I won't bore you all with the long story but the short story is that I had a complete tear of the rotator cuff a few weeks ago. The doctor scheduled me for surgery March 10 and says best case scenario is no bike for six months. I've heard nightmare stories about recovery time for this procedure and it's a depressing thought.
Anyway here's my question: being that my bike has been mostly in hibernation the last few months due to winter and now it's looking like another six months of not being ridden, should I do anything special to keep it up to snuff?
This time of year I've always kept it in a heated garage hooked to a battery tender and usually able to get it out once a month so I never felt the need to 'winterize' it.
Thanks in advance for suggestions....
Anyway here's my question: being that my bike has been mostly in hibernation the last few months due to winter and now it's looking like another six months of not being ridden, should I do anything special to keep it up to snuff?
This time of year I've always kept it in a heated garage hooked to a battery tender and usually able to get it out once a month so I never felt the need to 'winterize' it.
Thanks in advance for suggestions....
I had my left shoulder repaired in college (second time around), collar bone repaired almost two years ago. 6 months after surgery I was able to complete the Extreme Course in Flagstaff, so good things happen if you do the PT. Just don't push it too hard. This is a common injury and fix so if your Dr. is good this will be a minor bump in the road for you. Good luck!