My other 1100 Honda

Inline4_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Although my Blackbird is actually a 2001 model which originally was Glory Red, the PO painted it with '02 colors. I LOVE that bike. It's like riding a jet engine on rails. :heart: :heart:
However, I just can't handle the ergos any longer. Hell I barely can get my left leg up on the CB1100 footpeg, let alone the XX pegs.
Its going to be put up for sale in the next day or so.
This is exactly what it looks like..........
 
Inline4_imp said:
Although my Blackbird is actually a 2001 model which originally was Glory Red, the PO painted it with '02 colors. I LOVE that bike. It's like riding a jet engine on rails. :heart: :heart:
However, I just can't handle the ergos any longer. Hell I barely can get my left leg up on the CB1100 footpeg, let alone the XX pegs.
Its going to be put up for sale in the next day or so.
This is exactly what it looks like..........


I remember lusting over those when they first came out. I never did end up with one, but did have a CBR900rr for a while. Same story as yours -- I couldn't handle the riding position any more, so it had to go.
 
I've always liked those bikes. Just within the past couple of years I toyed with buying one, but couldn't find any for sale that hadn't been molested or ruined by the previous owners (exhaust, suspension lowered, abused, etc.)

Yours looks very nice.
 
I had the privilege of riding one a long time ago. Talk about a ROCKET! That thing had sooooo much potential for jail time its not even funny.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I had the privilege of riding one a long time ago. Talk about a ROCKET! That thing had sooooo much potential for jail time its not even funny.
you said it.. and a smoooooth rocket.. I'm convinced that although they probably could have put dual balance shafts on the CB1100, they chose not to because as on the Blackbird, that would make the ride *too* smooth !

I can't imagine what a ZX-14 must be like since it's power totally eclipses the Blackbird.. sheesh !
 
My "Not a blackbird"....
OK it IS BLACK....

'2000 ZX-12R
This one underwent a restoration over the winter and is JUST about ready for the season.



:D

[/img]
 
ZRXman01_imp said:
My "Not a blackbird"....
OK it IS BLACK....

'2000 ZX-12R
This one underwent a restoration over the winter and is JUST about ready for the season.



:D

[/img]
Nice. Hard to believe it's been 13 years already !
 
I remember a test ride I took on one when they first came out. Nearly bought it, and thought the price was a bargain. Don't remember why I did not buy it.
 
GSAviator_imp said:
I remember a test ride I took on one when they first came out. Nearly bought it, and thought the price was a bargain. Don't remember why I did not buy it.
The used prices on them are ridiculously low (I've noticed).. It's hard for me to figure. Bikes like that: ZX12R, Busa, ZX14... Unless thye've been used for drag racing, there's not much chance of abuse. They're not good track bikes (too big) and anyone that was routinely abusing them are probably dead because of it :-)
 
furious_blue_imp said:
I'm another Blackbird fan !

Here's mine serving in its favorite role: All 2 wheeled vacation to go.
That is funny(in a good way). You must have gotten a lot of looks and questions with that setup!
 
Back
Top