My new 2017 CB1100EX. Louisiana

sleeper_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,
I re-registered as sleeper. (really RajunCajun here.
My password somehow deleted, tried resetting it …problems. My email is old so I can’t reset.

Well, anyway I went to Florida and bought areal nice 2017 CB1100EX.
I stopped in Biloxi for 3 nights on the way back. I even have pictures. I’ve waited a LONG Tim for a bike like this. Let’s see if I can post images….
Nope, I guess newbies aren’t allowed to post pictures…
 
Lol yes newbies are allowed to post pics. How are you trying to do it?
 
Sleeping RajunCajun, posting photos through the forum software requires that you reduce the file size of the photo to 250kb. Otherwise you need to use a photo-hosting site like Imgur or Postimage and link to the pictures in it. For the linking option, see http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12717.

If your photos are on your phone, you can also easily use the Tapatalk app to upload and host photos.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions or PM for help.
 
Thread starter
[attachment=15398]
[attachment=15399]
. Only 991.0 miles on this beauty! Still under transferred factory warranty. Orig purchase date of #97 is 3/19 by the original owner.
[attachment=15400]
The strapped down bike correctly still “floats” on its own suspension.
[attachment=15401]. My 15 year old “Nighthawk Hitch Hauler” still works fine. Baton Rouge to Dayton, 9.5 hours each way …And I slept real well after I got home!
 
sleeper: How do you mount/unmount the legendary CB? A ramp?

If so, is the ramp in the truck payload?

Do you ride the beast up the ramp or just push it?
 
I like that setup with three metal beams coming from the hitch. I have the Black Widow one rated at 600 lbs and was a bit scared to put my CB on it. Put my Ninja 400 across the country with no problem on it.

Sweet looking bike too... that looks really clean!
 
Wow, would never think you could haul a CB like that. Beautiful bike btw. Congrats
 
Great bike, great transport job. Oh, and congratulations on such a great job of posting the photos. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see more pictures of that bike on the road. Congratulations!
 
Congrats, welcome and all the rest. Any good ol' CB bought and used is good news. BTW mine is exactly the same model, year and color ;)

I can see that this F-150 can haul a lot of stuff i.e. pull up to 4000lbs or more, but I have a hard time believing that the F-150/s trailer hock is rated to accept over 600 lbs pushing down on it. Did you really check ? am I wrong ?
 
Sparky80_imp said:
I like that setup with three metal beams coming from the hitch. I have the Black Widow one rated at 600 lbs and was a bit scared to put my CB on it. Put my Ninja 400 across the country with no problem on it.

Sweet looking bike too... that looks really clean!
That is what I have seen on the back of some full-size RVs. They would mount their similarly weighted Honda Africa Twin. Single beam support - they reckoned - was not enough for all circumstances. They added two more beams.
 
Welcome! Looks like you could start a side business as a motorcycle transporter.
Great score on a rare bike with such low mileage.

Just an FYI, once the distraction of your cool hitch rack dies down, you'll be urged to spend money on two little bits of rubber for your lever ends. Just part of the welcoming process.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
sleeper: How do you mount/unmount the legendary CB? A ramp?

If so, is the ramp in the truck payload?

Do you ride the beast up the ramp or just push it?
Two person “push it.”
Eric
j3gq_imp said:
Congrats, welcome and all the rest. Any good ol' CB bought and used is good news. BTW mine is exactly the same model, year and color ;)

I can see that this F-150 can haul a lot of stuff i.e. pull up to 4000lbs or more, but I have a hard time believing that the F-150/s trailer hock is rated to accept over 600 lbs pushing down on it. Did you really check ? am I wrong ?
Hitch Rating
Weight Carrying
Max Gross Trailer Weight
6000 lb. (2724 kg)
Max Tongue Weight
900 lb. (408 kg)

Weight Distributing
Max Gross Trailer Weight
10,000 lb. (4540 kg)
Max Tongue Weight
1000 lb. (454 kg)
 
Thread starter
Sparky80_imp said:
I like that setup with three metal beams coming from the hitch. I have the Black Widow one rated at 600 lbs and was a bit scared to put my CB on it. Put my Ninja 400 across the country with no problem on it.

Sweet looking bike too... that looks really clean!
Thanks Sparky, My “three beam support carrier” was custom fabricated in the machine shop at Rubicon LLC, (chemical plant) where I retired from. Back then, I supplied the machinists, pictures of “early bolt together” style carriers I found back in (2003). A mechanical engineer drafted a more HD design, adding two extra supports to the pics of existinging designs. Then certified welders created my (govt. project) as these were referred to.
I felt very confident hauling my 492lb. CB750 Nighthawk, and now the 550lb. CB1100. I’ve since only seen one marketed hitch with a similar three beam support (called HD RV Hitch) advertised in the last 5 years. So my hitch seems really ahead of its time.
Thanks for the interest ..
sleeper/RajunCajun
 
I give you credit, you have big kahunas hauling that CB that way, I couldn't do it...plus the back wash of the truck seems to cover the bike with grit everywhere...however, congrats, that is quite the find!
 
Thread starter
DaSwami_imp said:
I give you credit, you have big kahunas hauling that CB that way, I couldn't do it...plus the back wash of the truck seems to cover the bike with grit everywhere...however, congrats, that is quite the find!
I christened the bike when I hit two rainstorms passing through Tallahassee and later Mobile, AL. These storms left just a light dull haze on the bike. I’ve since detailed the bike by hand.
I realize ‘some’ are skeptical about hauling the bike this way, but after my first experience hauling my Nighthawk in 2004 and now the invention of anti-wobble hitch tighteners, the kahunas don’t seem to mind.
Leaving Daytona a large slow passing group of “hogs” shook their heads as they rolled by. I usually shake my head passing a roll top wrecker carrying a dead hog. I do believe it was true jealousy, lol.
Eric
 
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing your journey.
 
Congrats but why not just put it in the truck? I hauled mine home in a little old Honda ridgeline. It was only about 100 miles though. I unloaded without a ramp by backing up to some steps at a school yard that were just about the right height.
 
Sleeper, interesting about Rubicon. I was just at that plant this month, meeting with all the folks there. I work for the current "mother" company here in Houston. I'm sure you know the name. I too own a CB1100 DLX, mine is a 2014 edition. Love the "government project" carrier . . . .
 
Back
Top