My Honda is a ...

Gone in 60_imp said:
We had a new receptionist start today. From the front counter, she could see me ride up and park, and when I walked into the office, taking off my helmet, she introduced herself, and asked me what kind of motorcycle it is.

I may have been way overestimating things.

My reply was "It's a Honda my dear, and I'm sorry, but I'm taken."
Some time ago I was riding a blue H-D Sportster 1200. It was a great looking bike. At my work a new ITAR compliance manager started, a very attractive black gal. She gained a rep as a cold, efficient, all-business-all-the-time sort. One day as I was leaving for the day, standing next to the bike donning my gear, she came out the door. She walked right over to me, and said "I didn't know you rode a motorcycle! What kind is it?" "It's a Harley." "Way cool!" she says. She became very talkative to me after that and on Mondays always wanted to know about my weekend rides. She did not ride herself, and didn't know anyone who did, but she liked bikes. I offered her a lunch time ride, but she declined.
 
bioman' pid='279687' dateline='1604380489 said:
I never really understood why some car & motorcycle manufacturers give their new models fancy names like e.g. Goldwing, while other models get a boring set of seemingly random letters + numbers, like CB1100.

...Honda is in the same class with the other guys who couldn't come up with a name and called it 911 :)
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
We had a new receptionist start today. From the front counter, she could see me ride up and park, and when I walked into the office, taking off my helmet, she introduced herself, and asked me what kind of motorcycle it is.

I may have been way overestimating things.

My reply was "It's a Honda my dear, and I'm sorry, but I'm taken."
Some time ago I was riding a blue H-D Sportster 1200. It was a great looking bike. At my work a new ITAR compliance manager started, a very attractive black gal. She gained a rep as a cold, efficient, all-business-all-the-time sort. One day as I was leaving for the day, standing next to the bike donning my gear, she came out the door. She walked right over to me, and said "I didn't know you rode a motorcycle! What kind is it?" "It's a Harley." "Way cool!" she says. She became very talkative to me after that and on Mondays always wanted to know about my weekend rides. She did not ride herself, and didn't know anyone who did, but she liked bikes. I offered her a lunch time ride, but she declined.
Can't blame a guy for tryin'. ;)
 
While I owned it, my DLX was “the Velvet Hammer,” but to others, it was simply “the CB.” I guess that beats what I called my ZG1000 Concours — “the Big Red Love Machine” — but I don’t think that’s what the OP is looking for. The CB doesn’t need a cute moniker, but if you want to stay true to Honda heritage, I’d call it the “Dream 1100.”
 
Thread starter
Come on, guys, some of yo are happy with CB or 1100 or whatever. No problem. Some don't want a change. Fine. But there is not ONE with a goof idea for a name ? Not one who cares ? I have a hard time to believe it. You are so inventive when creating your forum nick names, ... and nothing ? This is depressing.

Just post your ideas, it doesn't force you to use it later or stick to it. Just IDEAS, okay ?

Before you manage to post at least 3 really good candidate names, I will not present mine.
 
I have an idea!

CB1100

Seriously, why would you want to change a perfectly good and meaningful name. When you say CB1100 everyone who knows anything about bikes immediately knows it's not a bike to underestimate, because it's a Honda, it's a Honda CB, with no less than 1100cc. CB1100 means respect.
Would it make you happy to call it Honda Hummingbird? Or Honda Burrito? Honda Kraken?

Anyways, I said burrito, so I gotta go eat, leave the name alone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
tod.branko_imp said:
I have an idea!

CB1100

Seriously, why would you want to change a perfectly good and meaningful name. When you say CB1100 everyone who knows anything about bikes immediately knows it's not a bike to underestimate, because it's a Honda, it's a Honda CB, with no less than 1100cc. CB1100 means respect.
Would it make you happy to call it Honda Hummingbird? Or Honda Burrito? Honda Kraken?

Anyways, I said burrito, so I gotta go eat, leave the name alone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
If I recall, somewhere in the '60s, there was a Japanese scooter or moped or small motorcycle from an obscure Japanese manufacturer called the Flighty Hummingbird.
Or maybe I was breathing in too much of the ambience of the era.
 
To be clear: I’m profoundly unimaginative and don’t name my bikes or cars or children. However, I agree with j3gq that we’re shirking here. LongRanger’s had a go with the ‘Dream 1100’. Me, if I had to brand it, I’d call it the ‘Soichiro’ in honour of its spiritual progenitor.
 
Back
Top