My first couple of rides

Gingersdaddy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Do your remember what kind of mini bike and HP that was? I must have had about 5 frame mini bikes but none with such a nice chassis.
 
Thread starter
MFGUSA_imp said:
Do your remember what kind of mini bike and HP that was? I must have had about 5 frame mini bikes but none with such a nice chassis.
I can't remember what brand on the mini bike, it was a 3hp and the 3 wheeler was a 4hp. My Dad brought a lot stuff from Sears and it was round 1972 or 73. So it may have been something offer by Sears at the time.
grover_imp said:

Throwback Thursday!! Great pics, I'm jealous of your childhood!

I inherited my love of all things mechanical from my dad. It's one thing that he and I share that is an endless source of conversation (and countless hours spent working in the garage!). Great parents are tough to come by, cherish the time you get with them! :)

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Me too. My Dad was always building or working on something, very mechanical, I learned a lot from him.
 
That 3 wheeler is awesome! I want one now!

(Ridem, I not buying one so don't ask me to if you have one :) )
 
Ridem'll have lots—right there in the cupboard with the RLETs and valve caps.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That 3 wheeler is awesome! I want one now!

(Ridem, I not buying one so don't ask me to if you have one :) )
Just make sure your health insurance is paid up. There's a reason they stopped making those things, and it wasn't because "The Banana Splits" went off the air!
 
Love the old pics. Brings back memories of when Sears and Western Auto always had a row of Briggs & Stratton powered mini-bikes and go-karts on display.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That 3 wheeler is awesome! I want one now!

(Ridem, I not buying one so don't ask me to if you have one :) )
Just make sure your health insurance is paid up. There's a reason they stopped making those things, and it wasn't because "The Banana Splits" went off the air!
Just make sure your health insurance is paid up. There's a reason they stopped making those things, and it wasn't because "The Banana Splits" went off the air!
You definitely need to wear a helmet, which my dad always made us do. If you tried to spin it around in real soft stuff, it would flip over. My dad and sisters flipped it a couple of times. I was so lite that I did not have that trouble. I did get it over on two wheels a couple of times.
 
Guth_imp said:

+1

Nice to know that your dad is still around to spend time with.

On a related note, [URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/57349/]this was my thread from last year.
Wow, great post Guth, thanks for sharing!! The pics really make it as well. :)

In the late 70s-early 80s my dad owned a CB350F and a CL360 - it seems good taste may be genetic? ;) Unfortunately, I only got to ride on the CB350 once in utero.

He loves my CB11...I'm trying pretty hard to sell him on one, but I think he's a little intimidated by the liter-age. He hasn't ridden in almost 30 years and nothing near the size of this beast.

grover




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top