My EX & DLX

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
Here is the latest pix of my two remaining CB1100's. The DLX is still a work in progress, but it does not look too bad. Several parts still need replacing due to fading and/or corrosion.
The mirrors on the DLX had corrosion, but the new Honda mirrors cost way too much. I found this nice replacement set for about $50 off ebay. Installed new Honda rubber base coverings and they look OEM. Nice shape too, and the quality is surprisingly good for the cost.
2a538e65d01fce9a98fdfcae56219247.jpg


2268136c7ce9defd7921fed496103536.jpg
 
WOW, lovely twins by cc, color and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seems two identical red oil filler caps??
 
The only thing I like better about the EX than the DLX is the front horns.
 
michael1954_imp said:
Here is the latest pix of my two remaining CB1100's. The DLX is still a work in progress, but it does not look too bad. Several parts still need replacing due to fading and/or corrosion.
The mirrors on the DLX had corrosion, but the new Honda mirrors cost way too much. I found this nice replacement set for about $50 off ebay. Installed new Honda rubber base coverings and they look OEM. Nice shape too, and the quality is surprisingly good for the cost.
2a538e65d01fce9a98fdfcae56219247.jpg


2268136c7ce9defd7921fed496103536.jpg
Beautiful bikes, Michael1954. I especially like the new mirrors.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Here is the latest pix of my two remaining CB1100's. The DLX is still a work in progress, but it does not look too bad. Several parts still need replacing due to fading and/or corrosion.
The mirrors on the DLX had corrosion, but the new Honda mirrors cost way too much. I found this nice replacement set for about $50 off ebay. Installed new Honda rubber base coverings and they look OEM. Nice shape too, and the quality is surprisingly good for the cost.
2a538e65d01fce9a98fdfcae56219247.jpg


2268136c7ce9defd7921fed496103536.jpg
Beautiful bikes, Michael1954. I especially like the new mirrors.
Beautiful bikes, Michael1954. I especially like the new mirrors.
Thanks, it was tough trying to find a pair that fit the bike and were of sound quality. The chrome is top-notch, and with the OEM rubber bases, they look like it came with them. I remember reading a post about the mirrors for our bikes, and no one could say they found a new set that fit the bikes. But, I really think these do.
clearviewx_imp said:
The only thing I like better about the EX than the DLX is the front horns.
Come pay day, the new horns from the EX are going to be added to the DLX. I agree the DLX horns just do not match the 'class' this bike has.
GoldOxide_imp said:
michael1954: The visual impediments are not easy to spot in the image. The siblings look swell!
Blow up the front rim and look at the corrosion all the way around the rim. I already have a new front rim, with all the parts except the brake disc to go by Christmas. That is the deadline I have given myself. Starting back to work teaching this year, I have less free time, but my new school is year-round and we have 29 days off for Christmas!!!!!! With the 9 days at Thanksgiving, I have no excuse as long as my health stays good to not finish this bike.
peterbaron_imp said:
WOW, lovely twins by cc, color and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seems two identical red oil filler caps??
Actually they are slightly different, both red Al Billet, but one comes off with a hex screwdriver and the other with a wrench, very carefully. I like adding a little red to the bikes, like the matching reservoir covers I showed sound time back. Also the DLX has Red Honda Valve Stem caps and Red Billet brake/clutch Levers!
peterbaron_imp said:
WOW, lovely twins by cc, color and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seems two identical red oil filler caps??
I have yet to put on the new meter covers you sent me. See the corrosion on the two still on the bike. I am so thankful you gave these to me, because I failed to see that corrosion on my last walk around to order parts. With my cost already over $2K, every penny saved helped, again I thank you!
 
michael1954_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Here is the latest pix of my two remaining CB1100's. The DLX is still a work in progress, but it does not look too bad. Several parts still need replacing due to fading and/or corrosion.
The mirrors on the DLX had corrosion, but the new Honda mirrors cost way too much. I found this nice replacement set for about $50 off ebay. Installed new Honda rubber base coverings and they look OEM. Nice shape too, and the quality is surprisingly good for the cost.
2a538e65d01fce9a98fdfcae56219247.jpg


2268136c7ce9defd7921fed496103536.jpg
Beautiful bikes, Michael1954. I especially like the new mirrors.
Beautiful bikes, Michael1954. I especially like the new mirrors.
Thanks, it was tough trying to find a pair that fit the bike and were of sound quality. The chrome is top-notch, and with the OEM rubber bases, they look like it came with them. I remember reading a post about the mirrors for our bikes, and no one could say they found a new set that fit the bikes. But, I really think these do.
clearviewx_imp said:
The only thing I like better about the EX than the DLX is the front horns.
Come pay day, the new horns from the EX are going to be added to the DLX. I agree the DLX horns just do not match the 'class' this bike has.
GoldOxide_imp said:
michael1954: The visual impediments are not easy to spot in the image. The siblings look swell!
Blow up the front rim and look at the corrosion all the way around the rim. I already have a new front rim, with all the parts except the brake disc to go by Christmas. That is the deadline I have given myself. Starting back to work teaching this year, I have less free time, but my new school is year-round and we have 29 days off for Christmas!!!!!! With the 9 days at Thanksgiving, I have no excuse as long as my health stays good to not finish this bike.
peterbaron_imp said:
WOW, lovely twins by cc, color and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seems two identical red oil filler caps??
Actually they are slightly different, both red Al Billet, but one comes off with a hex screwdriver and the other with a wrench, very carefully. I like adding a little red to the bikes, like the matching reservoir covers I showed sound time back. Also the DLX has Red Honda Valve Stem caps and Red Billet brake/clutch Levers!
peterbaron_imp said:
WOW, lovely twins by cc, color and more :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Seems two identical red oil filler caps??
I have yet to put on the new meter covers you sent me. See the corrosion on the two still on the bike. I am so thankful you gave these to me, because I failed to see that corrosion on my last walk around to order parts. With my cost already over $2K, every penny saved helped, again I thank you!
I have yet to put on the new meter covers you sent me. See the corrosion on the two still on the bike. I am so thankful you gave these to me, because I failed to see that corrosion on my last walk around to order parts. With my cost already over $2K, every penny saved helped, again I thank you!
NP, glad I could help
:beerchug:
 
I didn’t notice much difference in sound. The horns on the Standard seemed undersized. The EX horns, with the chrome center button and outer ring are more in line with how the early CB 750’s were outfitted.
d7d99f25c195532a2bf56e7edff41faf.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Raceman_imp said:
Are the EX horns significantly better than the DLX? DLX horns are wimpy.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
 
michael1954_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Raceman_imp said:
Are the EX horns significantly better than the DLX? DLX horns are wimpy.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
Is there much to change out the DLX horns to the EX horns? That's one thing I liked on the 2017 EX. Not really worried about cost just if it can be done easily.
 
Raceman_imp said:
Are the EX horns significantly better than the DLX? DLX horns are wimpy.
Might be the first complaint I've heard about the CB1100's horns.
 
Thread starter
clearviewx_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Raceman_imp said:
Are the EX horns significantly better than the DLX? DLX horns are wimpy.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
Is there much to change out the DLX horns to the EX horns? That's one thing I liked on the 2017 EX. Not really worried about cost just if it can be done easily.
lol - I think some EX owners replaced their horns.
My EX horns are loud. Way louder than my Z900RS horns, but about the same, but a little louder than the DLX horns. I ordered the chrome EX horns for the DLX last week. Might as well spend the little extra to make her beautiful, already spent too much anyway.:rolleyes:
Is there much to change out the DLX horns to the EX horns? That's one thing I liked on the 2017 EX. Not really worried about cost just if it can be done easily.
After all I have spent on the DLX 'restore to new' work, the price was so low I did not even flinch, about $170, including all new bolts, screws, caps and Stay. And yes, both new Horns from Parts Fish.
 
Bazbro has the necessary equipment.
 
Back
Top