My Dealer is Making Hard to say no for a CB1100EX

CB-Deacon_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Father Time is chipping away at me and long tours are now out of the question.
So I have a 2015 FJR1300A and realize I will never get the intended use out of it.
It took a day phoning all the area dealers but did to find a 2017 and the dealer is giving me a tempting offer to trade. I will really miss the electronic cruise and the 141 h.p but all good things must come to an end. As a teenager of the 70's I can park the CB in my garage and just look at for hours and be happy..
What should I do?
 
Yes you will probably miss a lot about the FJR, horsepower, storage, wind protection, shaft drive. Make absolutely sure you are not going to be doing anymore touring. IF not, you don't need all that stuff and FJR has and will come to love the simple straightforward efficiency and beauty of the CB. It's a great bike that does a lot of things exceptionally well.
 
CB-Deacon_imp said:
Father Time is chipping away at me and long tours are now out of the question.
So I have a 2015 FJR1300A and realize I will never get the intended use out of it.
It took a day phoning all the area dealers but did to find a 2017 and the dealer is giving me a tempting offer to trade. I will really miss the electronic cruise and the 141 h.p but all good things must come to an end. As a teenager of the 70's I can park the CB in my garage and just look at for hours and be happy..
What should I do?

This dealer has that unit on the floor?
 
If you want to store the FJR in my garage for a year or two whilst you decide if the CB is for you we can probably work something out.

CB is a good solid bike but not in the same class as your other bike. I also get pleasure from having a throw back classic in the garage and for my occasional multi day jaunts it works great. My regular riding is just a couple hours on quiet country roads which is where the CB excels.
 
Thread starter
BaMaRider:
Southern Ontario deliveries seem to have started. It's weird that my dealer can only get one while another dealer has his third coming this week.
I went and looked at the CB at the dealer before it was delivered to the new owner and was taken back at the quality and look of the bike.
Honda has definitely put more $$$$$$ and time into this model. You can honestly just sit and stare at it for hours.
 
CB-Deacon_imp said:
BaMaRider:
Southern Ontario deliveries seem to have started. It's weird that my dealer can only get one while another dealer has his third coming this week.
I went and looked at the CB at the dealer before it was delivered to the new owner and was taken back at the quality and look of the bike.
Honda has definitely put more $$$$$$ and time into this model. You can honestly just sit and stare at it for hours.
I think the dealers are working on a pre-order basis. I made my deposit in January when the dealer did not even know about the new EX model. They were not sure that it would come with a 4-into-2 exhaust system. I showed them the picture on the Honda Canada website, and told them this is what the rest of the world is getting. If it does not look like this, I don't want it.

There were promises of a delivery in late April. Which would have been great as my birthday is in early May. But I had to wait a couple of weeks longer. Not surprizing as we had a late winter thaw. Everything including the temperature, flowers and trees is two weeks late. El Nino at work again. This is now the perfect riding time, not too cold or too hot for the leather jacket, except for the day I got the bike.
 
Getting mine on the 9th of June , can't wait
ec453eb061392b37028713b90c08ddbb.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Crap, I wish I still lived in Ontario.

Congrats on making the plunge for the CB1100, I bought it for the same reason as you - to try keep father time away and ride a little bit longer.
 
I placed my order in March? At the time told Mid May, and later early June. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and was told 2 weeks.

I agree its a beautiful bike, I've never lusted after a bike as bad as this LOL. I put side by side pics of the EX with 1979 CBX on my website, and no doubt about it, dead ringer, but give the EX more, it has chrome wheels, spokes and fenders, not even the CBX had that.

Yes, Honda spent the extra money on this model, and I believe it to be money well spent.
 
Back
Top