My ct70 build

Arctic cb1100_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Last fall I started looking for a winter project to keep me occupied through the winter months I always loved the classic ct and atc lines of Honda's after a few weeks of hunting online I picked up a 82 trail 70 a guy had started to restore and gave up on it came as a frame, box of old parts and a brand new LIFAN 125cc engine. After researching parts and styles I decided I wanted to do a "restomod" build and give it classic looks and style with all modern suspension, electronics and power so it would handle well at fast speeds and on the street. It had been repainted original color and new decals from the 80's I didn't like it but figured I'd leave it that way as I assembled all the new parts and mocked everything up, I went with a full new 12v wiring harness and all led lighting. I wired it and fired it to make sure everything was as I wanted it then disassembled it back down to do a candy red color change and 70's decals, then final assembly with all brand new parts down to every nut and bolt it turned out amazing and run's and sounds as good as it looks
56a3ee9272ebf08b917274afb51a4878.jpg
51c855227d171f96d90201d2ef7cb076.jpg
3461f6c550eff4e3d9b71ca344452feb.jpg
bee3c53ed96bb74d6bf3174bf808f1c6.jpg
602312a916023afb6bd714d29ae5ace0.jpg
246c3d6d1b4c57938c6bcba05c34dc53.jpg
290cfe283906b7f762e48f531a977433.jpg
87efcada7ac75cf3f60b547d8dbbf3d0.jpg
7860c46faf95a9baab42e545b95c5a9f.jpg
4ebc2784edc1b3c05ebf6134c6af6dc8.jpg
8d06dac2fd32bc11946320e54def3db5.jpg
d6e63914585f4425e34de5f12de3fe0b.jpg
0aeb635091454e7b12387306a7eaedf1.jpg
ab8ed84522e3f9a44eebdb736ddde213.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
actually the forks I got from CHP MOTORSPORTS they are designed specifically for ct70's and z50's they come complete with brakes, cables and are all billet aluminum
31cefbe53a0c289c6ee08669848fb214.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Looks even better with the rest of the Honda's! except now my kawi is on the other side of the garge all alone like a outcast!
040e68500a542338f36e93a6cfe16206.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Lovely job, Arctic. Nice bikes too.
 
wow that is one snazzy CT 70 lol
 
Nice CT70! Never owned one but rode some friends a few times.

One was Blue 3 speed auto and the other Green (teal?) speed with clutch.

The clutch made us feel like we had "real" motorcycle, but the blue one was faster ;-)
 
Arctic cb1100_imp said:
Last fall I started looking for a winter project to keep me occupied through the winter months I always loved the classic ct and atc lines of Honda's after a few weeks of hunting online I picked up a 82 trail 70 a guy had started to restore and gave up on it came as a frame, box of old parts and a brand new LIFAN 125cc engine. After researching parts and styles I decided I wanted to do a "restomod" build and give it classic looks and style with all modern suspension, electronics and power so it would handle well at fast speeds and on the street. It had been repainted original color and new decals from the 80's I didn't like it but figured I'd leave it that way as I assembled all the new parts and mocked everything up, I went with a full new 12v wiring harness and all led lighting. I wired it and fired it to make sure everything was as I wanted it then disassembled it back down to do a candy red color change and 70's decals, then final assembly with all brand new parts down to every nut and bolt it turned out amazing and run's and sounds as good as it looks
56a3ee9272ebf08b917274afb51a4878.jpg
51c855227d171f96d90201d2ef7cb076.jpg
3461f6c550eff4e3d9b71ca344452feb.jpg
bee3c53ed96bb74d6bf3174bf808f1c6.jpg
602312a916023afb6bd714d29ae5ace0.jpg
246c3d6d1b4c57938c6bcba05c34dc53.jpg
290cfe283906b7f762e48f531a977433.jpg
87efcada7ac75cf3f60b547d8dbbf3d0.jpg
7860c46faf95a9baab42e545b95c5a9f.jpg
4ebc2784edc1b3c05ebf6134c6af6dc8.jpg
8d06dac2fd32bc11946320e54def3db5.jpg
d6e63914585f4425e34de5f12de3fe0b.jpg
0aeb635091454e7b12387306a7eaedf1.jpg
ab8ed84522e3f9a44eebdb736ddde213.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Wow, it's beautiful! When I was growing up, my best friend had a blue CT70, my other friend had an SL70 and I had a 73 XR75.

You did an absolutely perfect build, dang!
 
Beautiful job, Arctic! The little Trail 70 was the first motorcycle I ever rode. I was strictly forbidden from riding as a kid (dad was a doctor who spent too much time in the ER). My friends family had two CT70s and I surreptitiously rode for many years before I moved out and got a motorcycle of my own. I love those little bikes.

BTW, love your bike collection. I see we have similar tastes. If I had the garage space, I suspect my stable would look a lot like yours. :thumbsup:
 
Wierd, just missed this one from a neighbor. It was free! Been in a garage since 1983. I was the second responder. First guy got it!
1651b0c85e45442d81f9186674f28e34.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Nice work! Impressive craftsmanship on a fun bike.
Enjoy.

Edit - just checked CL in my listed - $2,750 and $3,150.
 
Back
Top