My CB1100 Had a Baby

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
So.... This just happened.

After Mrs. Gone and I sat on a new CB300R at a dealership, we were both jazzed about its looks, and she thought it was quite comfortable to sit on. I kept thinking that it would be fun to have one as an around-town bike and something to rotate into my commuting to start keeping miles off of the CB1100. Plus, when she was ready to learn, it would be perfect for her.

But, the out-the-door price for the little bugger was more than we were willing to pay. I casually cruise Craig's List, and started looking for these. One thing lead to another, and here we have someone's "I want to get a motorcycle" purchase, one year later, with 500 miles and months of garage dust on it. The price was too good to pass up.

Buying a new vehicle isn't the most practical thing to do during the holiday rush. But, the seller was 12 miles from my Mom's house, so a quick ride over and it will stay in her garage until things settle down and I can bring it home to give it a good detailing.

It's a zippy little guy, and it's so small that it can fit in our garage with the other bikes without a problem.
 
Cool, congrats Gone (and maybe Mrs Gone someday)
 
Great catch! Stichill still rides one, but I had a CBR250R for about a year. Perfectly capable and the same jewel-like quality as the big CB.
 
These are nice premium feel 300's, congrats on the new wheels, that's going to be loads of fun.
 
That is as very nice bike indeed!! And a great colour!!

For short and/or urban rides, one cannot beat these lightweight 250-300CC bikes. They are just perfect.
 
Back
Top