My CB got stolen today

I am so sorry to hear that. I just figured our Honda's wouldn't get stolen because nobody knows what they are! I hope everything turns out okay.
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
grover_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Really sorry to hear. Did you file a police report? Hopefully karma will catch up to the guy, I really hope. Do you at least have insurance coverage (comp/collision) to pick the claim up? Hope you or the police find it.
Yes, filed a police report, though from past personal experience I'm not expecting anything to come from it. I do have comprehensive insurance, so I'll be interested to see how they value the bike (should it come to that); it was right at 7k miles with a Staintune and a SuperBrace. The trouble is, I really like the look of the '13s and they're not that easy to find now...:(
Hi Grover, THIS SUCKS!

Question: what makes your bike stand out? There aren't that many of these bikes out there. The SuperBrace will be one distinguishing feature. Is the Staintune shown in your picture?

FWIW: JWoods has a '13 for sale in DC. (CB1100 Forum) If you come up here, I'll take you out to dinner.
Hi Grover, THIS SUCKS!

Question: what makes your bike stand out? There aren't that many of these bikes out there. The SuperBrace will be one distinguishing feature. Is the Staintune shown in your picture?

FWIW: JWoods has a '13 for sale in DC. (CB1100 Forum) If you come up here, I'll take you out to dinner.
And I'll pick you up at Dulles and take you to the bike. Sorry for the loss.
 
That sucks. I don't know why you would even bother stealing one of these, as they're so rare you can't really ride it, sell it, or part it without arousing suspicion. Not that thieves are the brightest or most rational bunch.

I hope insurance does you a solid on this one and you can find another bike soon.
 
They might have thought it was a restored classic...who knows what goes through an idiots head when doing something like this.
 
I'm very sorry to hear your bike has been stolen. :@:@ I know how I would feel if someone stole my bike knowing how hard it was to find and the sacrifice I had to make to purchase it. Keep the faith maybe something good will come out of all this.

ralph
 
Mate, let me add my voice to the chorus of sympathy directed your way and loathing directed to the perpetrators of this grubby, selfish, mean, nasty act. Someone before me hoped that karma would do its work. Me too.

Find another CB. I bought a second hand one and I have no regrets at all.
 
very sorry about this ... were a bit of a brotherhood in here and news like this hits affects all of us when we hear it... I hope everything works out for the best -good luck going forward ..
 
Thievery like this is inexplicable. Hope you can find a replacement soon. Should be some low mileage examples around. Best wishes, friend!
 
I am so sorry; we haven't even gotten to ride together yet.

I'll be on the lookout in the DFW area to see if it shows up.

If you still want a '13, the last time I checked D&S Honda in Arlington still had one.

Keep us informed and Good Luck to you.
 
Thread starter
So a I received a very much unexpected update yesterday, that my CB had been recovered by Dallas PD! The officer's voicemail said the bike was "undamaged", but I'm curious to see what I'll be dealing with. I know the steering lock was cut, wiring harness hot wired, and the under seat lock destroyed.

My wife was kind enough to work with a local Honda dealer to have the bike towed from impound while I'm out in LA for the work week.

Fingers crossed she looks alright and there were few miles (of thrashing, no doubt) added... :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
grover_imp said:
So a I received a very much unexpected update yesterday, that my CB had been recovered by Dallas PD! The officer's voicemail said the bike was "undamaged", but I'm curious to see what I'll be dealing with. I know the steering lock was cut, wiring harness hot wired, and the under seat lock destroyed.

My wife was kind enough to work with a local Honda dealer to have the bike towed from impound while I'm out in LA for the work week.

Fingers crossed she looks alright and there were few miles (of thrashing, no doubt) added... :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent news, very encouraging! Best wishes when you assess the damage!
fritz
 
grover_imp said:
So a I received a very much unexpected update yesterday, that my CB had been recovered by Dallas PD! The officer's voicemail said the bike was "undamaged", but I'm curious to see what I'll be dealing with. I know the steering lock was cut, wiring harness hot wired, and the under seat lock destroyed.

My wife was kind enough to work with a local Honda dealer to have the bike towed from impound while I'm out in LA for the work week.

Fingers crossed she looks alright and there were few miles (of thrashing, no doubt) added... :/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
superb:thumbsup:
 
Awesome, curious questions; where was it found, house, ally, field etc. Has anybody been caught, and or arrested. Hope the damage is minor and can be easily fixed for you, I doubt with the limiter that they hurt the motor. When you get back from LA let us in on the details as you find out...
 
wow, that's amazing. Congrats I guess (depending on damage). Will insurance cover repairs?
 
Back
Top