My CB got stolen today

Glad you got it back! :banana: And I hope it is ok!
 
Thats good news. When I was looking for my CB1100 there weren't any new ones available in my state. I found one used in my state with 4600 miles on it. After remembering back I realized you can't hurt a Honda engine. The only thing that can hurt them is no oil, and I really think they would run a long time without oil.

I had a rebel 250 and my whole family rode that thing around the yard the street in fields and you name it. It doesn't even have an oil filter. It was the thrashing bike around here. We rode it hard and put it away wet and the chain only got adjusted or lubed when we thought about it (nearly never).

That bike is still around mounted on my 1957 Cushman Eagle and still runs good:exclamation:

With the electronic limits on the CB1100 it self controls how the engine can be used so not much damage can be done.

I remember when I first saw the innards of a CB750, wow those things are really put together. Strong rods and bearings, a beefy crank and a wonderful oiling system. Things have only improved with the CB1100.

ralph
 
Thread starter
It was found parked illegally in the parking garage of a Dallas hospital. No arrest that I know of. The bike had just over 7k miles on it, something like 7,050 when I last touched it.

I'm so anxious and cautiously optimistic, will keep you guys posted!! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That's awesome to hear you got it back.

You are incredibly lucky as the recovery rate for stolen vehicles in good condition has to be in the single digit percentages.
 
The hospital parking garage most likely has surveillance cameras. It might be fun to see who was riding it.

I caught a guy lifting my carpet laying toolbox out of the back of my pickup once.
That was fun.
 
That is such good news ! It's so great to hear back from incidents that end up having good endings.

I wonder if this was the scene:
no-brain steals the bike
no-brain voice sez: hey, this is supposed to be an 1100 what's wrong with it ?
no-brain no-mind sez: I want my f**in money back, I've been robbed !
 
Hey, Grover, that's great news indeed. I hope she's OK and has tales to tell.
 
It may have been, the thief tried to fence it, or its parts...mercifully he waited until he found a buyer before taking it apart. And of course, the CB1100 being rare, he never found buyers.

So he probably parked it and walked away.

Good for you, anyway.
 
Thread starter
So I went to go see the bike on Saturday. By and large, the bike is in great shape with damage only to the top triple clamp, under seat lock, wiring harness (red wires cut and exposed coming from the headlight bucket), and the steering lock bung on the neck of the frame was tweaked where they broke the steering lock.

Now, even though the final item is minor I feel like it could potentially total the bike. I doubt the dealer will do any metal work to repair the bung, which, depending on how Progressive handles it, may otherwise require the frame to be replaced. I would be surprised if the steering lock would still function without a repair to the bung where it connects to the frame. That certainly would be a shame since the bike is otherwise in great shape.

Sorry I don't have any pics since I just changed phones. The insurance adjuster should be by to check it out tomorrow or Wednesday, so I'll keep you guys posted...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That really is a pisser. If they total it, maybe you can buy back the bike at salvage cost and part it out to the next one of us that drops ours :P
 
grover_imp said:
So I went to go see the bike on Saturday. By and large, the bike is in great shape with damage only to the top triple clamp, under seat lock, wiring harness (red wires cut and exposed coming from the headlight bucket), and the steering lock bung on the neck of the frame was tweaked where they broke the steering lock.

Now, even though the final item is minor I feel like it could potentially total the bike. I doubt the dealer will do any metal work to repair the bung, which, depending on how Progressive handles it, may otherwise require the frame to be replaced. I would be surprised if the steering lock would still function without a repair to the bung where it connects to the frame. That certainly would be a shame since the bike is otherwise in great shape.

Sorry I don't have any pics since I just changed phones. The insurance adjuster should be by to check it out tomorrow or Wednesday, so I'll keep you guys posted...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, grover, that is bitter sweet news. I'm really sorry about this. Maybe this happened for a reason, we can never be sure but something tells me it will work out in the end. Keep the faith and start looking for another bike:D

ralph
 
I'm sorry for your loss Grover,
I'm with Randy B here, except I'd start with the hands, break every joint, then each and every bone but let the pain subside a bit before the next.
Personally I am so paranoid when I go into the store, I have never been so paranoid before with other bikes. My cousin had a '69 Firebird stolen right in front of his house. He got it back totally stripped, said he felt so violated.
So I am hoping for the best like the rest of us here.


Randy B_imp said:
I was hoping to never see one of these threads on here due to the relative unknown nature of the bike, but I guess it was inevitable these days.
Thieves need to be strung up, drawn and quartered, and then put on the rack and then possibly disemboweled. Maybe a little water torture thrown in for good measure.

Guys these tards will take anything that is not taken down do secure your bike EVERYWHERE as best you can. Even if it's only a disk lock, USE IT. If you can more...that much the better. And in an apartment....well, I hate to say it, but good luck keeping anything. Out here all apartment complexes are is a shopping mall for thieves, even if they have gated parking structures. All you really can do it to have the best insurance you can afford and prey for a recovery that doesn't include more than a busted ignition, but most likely it will also involve some rattle can black just for starters and most likely a drop or two because the kids don't know how to ride properly when running from the police.

Sorry for the rant, but I see this stuff WAY too often out here. It seems that every day or so there is an other post of someone bike being ripped off. Sometimes they are recovered, but others.....you just never know.

I wish you good luck with getting it back, and back in one piece.
 
Did you have insurance, I would think that we could locate you a very good used one to replace it. just sayin'.....they are not that rare.

Sorry I just reread the thread about insurance.
 
Thread starter
Here are some photos of the damage...

0f4b07e8287505ee446cc12c9948033c.jpg


354bb60c7482ee6146c2f19fc5b15b4f.jpg


a5814d25b6f7ccaa58fd1fb1ffd1d041.jpg


a49ccdf246c3e7c82bbc2cfd654ea489.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Darn man, I hope the best outcome for you with the insurance co. for sure, and that the POS that stole it never left the hospital~
 
Back
Top