My CB got stolen today

grover_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My CB was stolen out of my apartment parking garage today. I'm so po'd and sad. This was going to be my last bike, we were going to grow old and retire together. She was perfect... :(

1bd5b92d0ace2bd5898e209fec26f3c4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
grover_imp said:
My CB was stolen out of my apartment parking garage today. I'm so po'd and sad. This was going to be my last bike, we were going to grow old and retire together. She was perfect... :(

1bd5b92d0ace2bd5898e209fec26f3c4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about that. I will be on the lookout in the Shreveport area.
 
This is one of those times when a few chosen cuss words should make it through the software censors. Imagine the worst of them because that's what I'm saying right now. So maddening! I'm really sorry. I hope you get her back in one piece, no worse for wear. And, if not, that you're able to pick up another one. (And that the low life scum who stole it, pays the price.)
 
Really sorry to hear. Did you file a police report? Hopefully karma will catch up to the guy, I really hope. Do you at least have insurance coverage (comp/collision) to pick the claim up? Hope you or the police find it.
 
Thread starter
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Really sorry to hear. Did you file a police report? Hopefully karma will catch up to the guy, I really hope. Do you at least have insurance coverage (comp/collision) to pick the claim up? Hope you or the police find it.
Yes, filed a police report, though from past personal experience I'm not expecting anything to come from it. I do have comprehensive insurance, so I'll be interested to see how they value the bike (should it come to that); it was right at 7k miles with a Staintune and a SuperBrace. The trouble is, I really like the look of the '13s and they're not that easy to find now...:(
 
I was hoping to never see one of these threads on here due to the relative unknown nature of the bike, but I guess it was inevitable these days.
Thieves need to be strung up, drawn and quartered, and then put on the rack and then possibly disemboweled. Maybe a little water torture thrown in for good measure.

Guys these tards will take anything that is not taken down do secure your bike EVERYWHERE as best you can. Even if it's only a disk lock, USE IT. If you can more...that much the better. And in an apartment....well, I hate to say it, but good luck keeping anything. Out here all apartment complexes are is a shopping mall for thieves, even if they have gated parking structures. All you really can do it to have the best insurance you can afford and prey for a recovery that doesn't include more than a busted ignition, but most likely it will also involve some rattle can black just for starters and most likely a drop or two because the kids don't know how to ride properly when running from the police.

Sorry for the rant, but I see this stuff WAY too often out here. It seems that every day or so there is an other post of someone bike being ripped off. Sometimes they are recovered, but others.....you just never know.

I wish you good luck with getting it back, and back in one piece.
 
Well that stinks Grover. Idon't know why some people feel they have the right to just take other peoples stuff. i hate thieves.
 
grover_imp said:
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Really sorry to hear. Did you file a police report? Hopefully karma will catch up to the guy, I really hope. Do you at least have insurance coverage (comp/collision) to pick the claim up? Hope you or the police find it.
Yes, filed a police report, though from past personal experience I'm not expecting anything to come from it. I do have comprehensive insurance, so I'll be interested to see how they value the bike (should it come to that); it was right at 7k miles with a Staintune and a SuperBrace. The trouble is, I really like the look of the '13s and they're not that easy to find now...:(
Hi Grover, THIS SUCKS!

Question: what makes your bike stand out? There aren't that many of these bikes out there. The SuperBrace will be one distinguishing feature. Is the Staintune shown in your picture?

FWIW: JWoods has a '13 for sale in DC. (CB1100 Forum) If you come up here, I'll take you out to dinner.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. It's one of those things where I'm not sure if I'd want it back after likely having the ignition torn open and having been thrashed in every way possible.

Yes, that photo shows the Staintune and SuperBrace, but those are both pretty subtle. I'm going to meet with the apartment complex management today to see if the garage cameras captures anything useful.
 
Wow, that is HORRIBLE. I can't imagine how pissed off you must be. I have never had a bike stolen but have buddies who did. Thieves can get a bike if they want it-not that much you can really do.

One of my buddy's bike was chained and surrounded by other locked bikes. They put a cable on it, dragged it out of the pack, and then had several guys pick it up locked and put it on a truck.

Another case happened last year at a rally. In a high theft area a team was offering secure parking for something like $75 a day. They would put your bike in a secured semi trailer while you attended the rally. Once the trailer was full, they simply left with all the bikes and the money!
 
Thread starter
Well the camera in that particular parking garage was not working, so there's little chance of getting further leads. Just filed the insurance claim so we'll see what happens from here.

I bought the CB in September '13 after having had my SV650 stolen out of another parking garage. I was happy to get a more refined bike with classic good looks and the CB fit that bill perfectly. I have a 90 db disk brake lock that unfortunately wasn't on the bike at the time (I got lazy, it's on there 90% of the time), though I'm not sure that would have really mattered.

I'm going to be really torn about what to do next. Of course I want another bike and I can't think of anything that I'd want more than another one just like it. At the same time, I'm wondering if I should wager another bike while living in these dang apartments; my fiance and I are getting married in 2.5 weeks and buying a house is at the top of our priority list. That being said, we've got a serious amount of saving to do to put down the kind of down payment that I want, so it may take 1.5-2 years to get there. I just don't want to lose that much riding time, as at present, she's saying that the bike goes into storage the minute we find out we're preggars.

*sigh*
 
Sorry to hear about theft. Post VIN. Maybe one of us sees it on Craigs list for parts

And welcome to marriage and family


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Sorry to hear about theft. Post VIN. Maybe one of us sees it on Craigs list for parts

And welcome to marriage and family


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VIN: JH2SC6511DK001566
 
Amazing.

Not the theft; but the thief's choice.

Remember...most stolen vehicles are stolen for their parts. Nobody, today, can expect to ride or drive a stolen car or cycle. Not happening. The few who are so stupid as to try, are usually prison lifers on a rare break between sentences.

But PARTS...there are SO few CB1100s out there, there's gonna be next-to-no market for the parts. What a WASTE.

The thief will find out what he has is both rare and of limited demand, and will probably destroy it. Shame.
 
So sorry to hear of the loss of your bike. I hope you get a fair insurance settlement and that all things work out for the better. I would get after the apartment management about repairing the security cameras.
 
Thread starter
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Amazing.

Not the theft; but the thief's choice.

Remember...most stolen vehicles are stolen for their parts. Nobody, today, can expect to ride or drive a stolen car or cycle. Not happening. The few who are so stupid as to try, are usually prison lifers on a rare break between sentences.

But PARTS...there are SO few CB1100s out there, there's gonna be next-to-no market for the parts. What a WASTE.

The thief will find out what he has is both rare and of limited demand, and will probably destroy it. Shame.
My thoughts exactly...
redbirds_imp said:
So sorry to hear of the loss of your bike. I hope you get a fair insurance settlement and that all things work out for the better. I would get after the apartment management about repairing the security cameras.
They're going to get railed on for this...
 
Back
Top