My Bikes

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
Been awhile since I posted any pixs of any of my bikes. I was asked to show pixs of the DLX I am now trying to restore to new condition. It sat 6 years under a tarp, so I am showing some of the rust, fading, and corrosion. Also pixs of my 1980 Suzuki GS750E. I am finally finished with it. The 1982 Suzuki, GS1100E that I have done only cosmetics to, like new rear Progressive shocks, chain guard, and a few parts on the cylinders.
84eec2a6488ac657a2244454a5d0d19e.jpg

80'GS750E
6bc9f0b3f116d3637df13ebf1aaafdce.jpg

82' GS1100E
6823d49496f885b78e7a98d3412203a5.jpg

14' DLX
6796b45d758f15bc771252570b87d563.jpg

13' CB1100
2495e48028e9ddfa0cbd188546899bbd.jpg

17'EX
20872cdcb4880f3c2c1fd568019baebb.jpg

18'Z900RS

I will go back to the original DLX post for the rust job pixs of the 'New' bike.
The picture here of the DLX, I had already changed out the rear shocks with the ones off my 2013 CB. Bought the correct Honda OEM seat, New side covers, brake & clutch levers & Reservoir covers.
Note the heavier bar end weights on the EX. You cannot see them, but I put them on the DLX also. They do help to remove what little buzz was there.

Here is all 3 Beauties:
067bed1969f54a0c66319795b9a86e16.jpg

fe0e25d07b1b1cc81382baf9898b0efa.jpg
 
The DLX looks in good shape from that distance.

Nice collection, Michael.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The DLX looks in good shape from that distance.

Nice collection, Michael.
Thank you. Later today I will show the close-up pictures that tell the truth. Seeing from a distance with the little that I have done, it looks nice, and rides well, but the rust/corrosion is there.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice spread there Mike.
Thanks...I would say i enjoy motorcycles.
Houtman_imp said:
Great looking bikes and thank you for showing them.
Thank you.
 
Great pics! What's the dealeo with the exhaust on the LHS of the '13? From the trio picture, it looks like it's non-existent?
 
The 2013 has a 4 into 1.
 
6050 cc's of goodness....
 
Thread starter
I want to thank all of you for the comments. I work hard to keep them in good shape.
But, a little bit of not so good. I am putting the 2013 CB up for sale on Craig's List and Cycle Trader. Finances right now says one has to go. I was selling the GS750E, but found out, way too late, the VIN on the Frame and Engine do not match. Being still naive after all these years, I never checked them. Instead of feeling bad, I felt good that I still had some trust in fellow man. Did it screw me, yes, but I am who I am.

I will chime back here on the Forum when it is posted. I am going to sale it for less than my listing price to Forum members or friends of Forum members. The GS1100E is not safe to sale. When I am finished with it, I may sell it. It was the fastest bike on the market for 3 years back in the early 80's, and wants to wheelie as much as my Z900RS.

The DLX and EX are staying, and after I am through with the DLX, it will look new with almost no miles on it. Now to post the ugly pixs of it on the other post site.
Again, thank you.
 
I don't think the frame numbers and engine numbers are supposed to match on anything built after the 50's. My 2014 CB 1100 frame ends in 0155 the engine in 1832. They don't even list the engine numbers on the titles or registration here.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I don't think the frame numbers and engine numbers are supposed to match on anything built after the 50's. My 2014 CB 1100 frame ends in 0155 the engine in 1832. They don't even list the engine numbers on the titles or registration here.
Same here, just the frame number on the owners permit.
 
I like these bikes a lot but now I think it's time to get ride of mine. If anybody is looking please let me know.
Great looking bikes here.
michael1954_imp said:
Been awhile since I posted any pixs of any of my bikes. I was asked to show pixs of the DLX I am now trying to restore to new condition. It sat 6 years under a tarp, so I am showing some of the rust, fading, and corrosion. Also pixs of my 1980 Suzuki GS750E. I am finally finished with it. The 1982 Suzuki, GS1100E that I have done only cosmetics to, like new rear Progressive shocks, chain guard, and a few parts on the cylinders.
84eec2a6488ac657a2244454a5d0d19e.jpg

80'GS750E
6bc9f0b3f116d3637df13ebf1aaafdce.jpg

82' GS1100E
6823d49496f885b78e7a98d3412203a5.jpg

14' DLX
6796b45d758f15bc771252570b87d563.jpg

13' CB1100
2495e48028e9ddfa0cbd188546899bbd.jpg

17'EX
20872cdcb4880f3c2c1fd568019baebb.jpg

18'Z900RS

I will go back to the original DLX post for the rust job pixs of the 'New' bike.
The picture here of the DLX, I had already changed out the rear shocks with the ones off my 2013 CB. Bought the correct Honda OEM seat, New side covers, brake & clutch levers & Reservoir covers.
Note the heavier bar end weights on the EX. You cannot see them, but I put them on the DLX also. They do help to remove what little buzz was there.

Here is all 3 Beauties:
067bed1969f54a0c66319795b9a86e16.jpg

fe0e25d07b1b1cc81382baf9898b0efa.jpg
 
Back
Top