My "6 Speed" 2013 CB1100

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It says so right on the side of the bike :D

e8d593152e9b3ce1006c4fdbb50b916c.jpg


Samurider is now listing this aluminum sprocket cover for the 2014 EX.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=18730

I should find out it it fits the 2013 CB1100 tonight or tomorrow, according to my EMS shipment tracking.

I'm also real curious if the 2014 Deluxe cover is aluminum. Some of you should be getting real close to holding the keys to your 2014s. I can sense the excitment in the air. :celebrate:
 
:rofl: well, if it says so on the side cover it must be so. Very rare indeed!
 
CB4ME_imp said:
It says so right on the side of the bike :D

e8d593152e9b3ce1006c4fdbb50b916c.jpg


Samurider is now listing this aluminum sprocket cover for the 2014 EX.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=18730

I should find out it it fits the 2013 CB1100 tonight or tomorrow, according to my EMS shipment tracking.

I'm also real curious if the 2014 Deluxe cover is aluminum. Some of you should be getting real close to holding the keys to your 2014s. I can sense the excitment in the air. :celebrate:
I believe it is. Someone posted pics of the DLX on display at Daytona and it appeared to be wearing the aluminum cover.
The Spaceman_imp said:
Is this a Honda part or an aftermarket piece for the 2014s?
According to Samurider's page, that's the OEM part for the 2014 EX model.
 
ThomWill_imp said:
I hate it when they put that guide all the way down there on those covers... hard to see when riding. :-D
I don't even know why they bother anymore. Back when I started riding, it used to be standard practice to verify the shift pattern before riding a new (to you) bike. There wasn't a firm standard. Nowadays, everything is 1 down and 4 or 5 up.
 
Heck I remember when you weren't even sure which side you shifted on. Sometimes it was on the right, sometimes on the left.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Heck I remember when you weren't even sure which side you shifted on. Sometimes it was on the right, sometimes on the left.
Roger that. I learned to ride on a right-side shifted Sportster. Apparently HD built them for flat-track racing. Switching to a Yamaha as my second bike damn near killed both if us.
 
I learned to ride on a Triumph Tiger 750. Then took the bike test on a new '75 Yamaha XS650B. I kept trying to shift the brake, but the DMV lady didn't notice and I passed! Woo Hoo!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Heck I remember when you weren't even sure which side you shifted on. Sometimes it was on the right, sometimes on the left.
Roger that. I learned to ride on a right-side shifted Sportster. Apparently HD built them for flat-track racing. Switching to a Yamaha as my second bike damn near killed both if us.
Roger that. I learned to ride on a right-side shifted Sportster. Apparently HD built them for flat-track racing. Switching to a Yamaha as my second bike damn near killed both if us.

My first Sportster a 59 shifted on the right, my second Sportster, a 94, shifted on the left. My BSA Rocket 3 shifted on the right..my Aermachhi M 50 shifted in the left grip. Some of my early Harley's used a left foot clutch and a shifter on the left side of the fuel tank. All of my Japanese bikes shifted on the left except the majesty 400 which is a CVT and then both levers on the bars are brakes. Sometimes over the years I have felt like a marionette.lol
 
My '73 Ducati 750GT (which I still ride occasionally) shifts on the right, up for 1st gear. My Norton 750 was the same. My 66 Triumph Bonneville was on the right, down for first. My '73 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport was on the left, but up for first. So I have owned bikes with every imaginable shift pattern. All the rest of the bikes were the current standard on the left, down for first. I have also ridden an antique Harley with foot clutch and tank shift.

Every time I go for a ride on the old Ducati, I accidentally step on the shifter to brake at least once. It takes some concentration.
 
Back
Top