Johnboy_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Well said .. Thank you CormanusCormanus_imp said:Where do you get your jollies, Johnboy? Is it tinkering and restoring or converting bikes to what you want? Is it riding them? Will a restoration job ultimately give you more pleasure than touring the countryside?
If so, and assuming you can afford it, buy the CB750 again. If not, climb aboard the CB1100 and go for a ride.
Sweet:celebrate:hondahoarder_imp said:Oh you need to get that back, it's a treasure!!!
Never gonna let mine go!
Plus they look so good together...
[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/threegenerations_zpsde343b2b.jpg.html]
Sweet:celebrate:hondahoarder_imp said:Oh you need to get that back, it's a treasure!!!
Never gonna let mine go!
[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/1977Cb750k_zpsf66621ea.jpg.html]
Plus they look so good together...
[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/threegenerations_zpsde343b2b.jpg.html]
Well said .. Thank you for the input .. I probably should really listen to you because that's how I felt when I traded in .. Lol... Reality sets in .. The new CB is just so maintenance free compared to the old classics ...I too am just a basic kind of mechanic guy .. I have to pay for the serious stuff to be done ..The ferret_imp said:Thoughts? I'm really torn. I love classic motorcycles. I've had a bunch of them. However, they have such limitations compared to modern motorcycles. They don't run as well, they don't stop as well, and it seems as if every time you turn around they need something. Tires, brakes, batteries I know they are going to need like every other motorcycle modern or old. Fork seals, shift shaft seals, head and base gaskets,leaking petcocks, carbs that start leaking, air boots for the carbs cracking, switches that quit working...those things about owning a classic just drive me nuts. If I were more mechanically adept, maybe I wouldn't worry about it, but I'm not. I'm ok on basic stuff, but I don't relish doing any of it. One bike I've always wanted was a 67 Bonnie in Burgoyne and white, however I know I'd never be able to keep it going as it should be. So at this time I've emptied the garage of true classics and just ride my modern classic.
If you like or at least don't mind tinkering, and you obviously know the history of the 77 K, and you are having pangs of remorse about trading it in, if you have the jingle, it just might be something you want to go get back.
Very well said .. Thanks for the input !Siggy Javotnik_imp said:I've got to agree with Ferret. But I can add: "lose all the Vetter stuff" is easier said than done. I've had friends do that, and it often turns into an electrical nightmare with brittle 35 year old wiring. Classic bikes look good, but are high maintenance and prone to breakdown even with good maintenance. For example, my old '73 CB450 required oil changes every 1,000 miles (that was in the owner's manual) and manual cleaning of the permament centrifugal oil "filter," constant carb synchronization, points adjustments, etc. And, to keep them street worthy (not a collector's piece), you've got to keep running fresh gas through them. Carbs gum up easily, and our modern ethanol infected gas does terrible things all over. It gets to be a chore keeping a bike in insurance and tires and batteries, and you realize you no longer own the bike -- the bike owns you. Finally, buying back a bike you sold is like getting back together with a girl you broke up with. It works out rarely, and usually it just reminds you of why you broke up in the first place. Like that ex-girlfriend, she still looks darn good -- Classic bikes are freaking gorgeous -- but you've got a sweet, accommodating CB1100 who is unlikely to ever give you a lick of trouble. With modern brakes. But ultimately, motorcycles are an emotional pursuit, so do whatever you want, and have fun!
Bahahaha ! Exactly .... Well said brother ... Well saidClassicVW_imp said:The answer to your question is right there in your signature line.
I don't know what winter is like in your part of Tennessee, but I think you had at least these past couple of weeks of bad weather, so this spring, put 2500 miles on the CB1100 and recheck your feelings, wants, and needs.
You may find you need some farkles to make the CB your own. Instead of going backward, use any money you may have thought you'd need to repurchase the 750, use it on the CB or another hobby that interests you instead. Look ahead, not back!
I agree with what Siggy said about your old girlfriend in his post. Our minds want to recall mostly good times, but if you got back together, you'd come to realize just why you had to dump that b*tch in the first place!![]()

Tommy's motor sports ... Crossville TenneseeElipten_imp said:What is the name and location of that dealer?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow! those are some SUPER NICE bikes!hondahoarder_imp said:Oh you need to get that back, it's a treasure!!!
Never gonna let mine go!
Plus they look so good together...
[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bike%20Collection/threegenerations_zpsde343b2b.jpg.html]
Well said! :clap:.....Words of wisdomMotogeezer1949_imp said:I used to be possessed by posessions. To each their own. For some, less is more. More freedom. To others, the freedom to posess is more desireable. No right, no wrong. Feelings change over time. Enjoy![]()
Tommy's motor sports ... Crossville TenneseeJohnboy_imp said:Tommy's motor sports ... Crossville TenneseeElipten_imp said:What is the name and location of that dealer?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
