My ?13 blinkers keep loosing the lens

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Came back from a ride today. Parked the bike.

Walked around the back of it and noticed one of the rear blinkers had lost its lens during the ride.

This is probably the 3rd lens I’ve lost…and I don’t have many miles on the bike.

I know they only have a small little tab that secures them- and it snaps there- but these lens are used on other Honda bikes for a long loong time.

Anyone else having this problem?

What gives?

I think I’m going to glob some epoxy in the next one to ‘brace’ the tab.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yup....front left. Redneck fix....small strip of Scotch tape on the underside. So far its lasted this season. And I do wash and detail the CB frequently.

Titus 2:13
2013 HONDA CB1100
 
Is loosing even a word? :D

I don’t understand how you can lose one unless it is loose. OK, sorry had to do that. :P

But really how do you lose one when a screw is holding it. I will say I haven’t had one apart in ages so I may be missing something here.
 
Maybe the flaw raises its ugly head when a fracture occurs in a certain way in the lens?

Yeah, inconvenient for sure - especially late in the year 2021. (it is not like turn signal lenses were just invented)

= = =

"looslng" - it could be worse. Think, "moistly". :)
 
Interesting. Apparently the tab is the problem.
 
Weird! I’ve had a few VTXs in addition to my ‘13 CB. Never had the mounting tab break off of a signal lens in countless combined miles. Maybe some type of flaw inside the signal that’s rubbing or pushing on the tab?
 
Thread starter
Nah- I've found a few other forums where people have this issue also- I just didn't bother to post them.

I did find out the same lens is used on the VTX, Sabre, Stateline, Interstate, Shadow as well as the Kawasaki Vulcan and others..
 
Could you post a picture showing the whole blinker lamp from the side ? Is there a rubber piece to dampen vibrations like on the later models ?
 
Back
Top