MV goes bankrupt.

Man I was thinking of buying one this spring. Guess parts would be a problem.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
I can't say that I have ever seen or heard of one before just now.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Maybe my local dealer will cut me a huge deal.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Could be a good opportunity, it would be like the cheap EBR bikes they cleared out when Erick Buell went under. If owners manage to band together for parts and support, finding spares may actually not be that bad...
 
I heard this rumour a few weeks ago and mentioned it in another Thread. Nothing wrong with the product, just corruption within the firm causing financial problems.
 
My buddy in CA rolled out an 800 F3 from the showroom one day before the announcement. He's not happy, but it's likely someone will save this iconic brand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It's not dead and buried yet and there is a good chance that AMG will want to save their investment but I don't think they'll be rushing to throw money at it, they'll want the best deal possible. I agree that their bikes are beautiful but I think I would rather own a Ducati. A mint 916 would probably be more reliable than a new MV and Bonhams have an SP3 for sale next month !!
 
I have a local dealer which specialized in MV agusta, Aprilla, KTM, Triumph, BMW and Ducati. They dropped their Aprilla line, MV is going belly up and the KTMs arent selling so thats next to go. Ducatis and bmws are whats selling the most and triumphs are holding their own, especially with their new line up. If i went exotic it would have to be ducati, triumph or bmw.
P.s. I saw the new Triumph T100 in the wild today, ine of the first sold in the states and it looked great and sounded even better. They did a good job with the water cooled 1200cc motor.
 
Elipten_imp said:
I never considered a BMW or Triumph as an exotic. Interesting


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Yes, i guess thats true, maybe not an exotic but a hard to find brand which is limited compared to the big four Jap bikes and Harley. MV and Aprillia are probably more of an exotic as far as production bikes go, maybe even Ducati but around me the BMWs and Triumphs are usually sold by the same dealerships.
 
Bankruptcy, near bankruptcy and reorganization happens all the time. Take Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, MV, HD, Indian, Norton, Royal Enfield, just to name a few. No big thing in todays business world.
 
It seems there is little love lost between Giovanni Castiglioni (CEO and owner) and AMG (25% shareholder). AMG is saying they won't put money in until he goes and he says he's not going and AMG won't be missed. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
 
Back
Top