MV Agusta back in the game?

Too much. The original Brutale was stunning, and I think the orange and black 910R to be one of the best looking bikes ever. In my opinion, it has been downhill since then.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Too much. The original Brutale was stunning, and I think the orange and black 910R to be one of the best looking bikes ever. In my opinion, it has been downhill since then.
The only MV's I like is the ones produced in the seventies.
 
F4-s was stunning. I agree new ones are too much.

Did you know MV was the only mfg not to sign the agreement to limit top speed on their motorcycles to 186 mph?
 
This beholder says both of those bikes are way overdone and unnecessarily ugly. Pity too, because they're probably technological marvels. But not for me.

In the 90's, BMW was the last manufacturer to voluntarily limit its bikes to 100 hp. It then found itself losing ground to other manufacturers and quickly scrapped the idea.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
This beholder says both of those bikes are way overdone and unnecessarily ugly. Pity too, because they're probably technological marvels. But not for me.

In the 90's, BMW was the last manufacturer to voluntarily limit its bikes to 100 hp. It then found itself losing ground to other manufacturers and quickly scrapped the idea.
Indeed. I find the YZR-M1 unnecessarily swoopy, the RC213V abhorrent, the Ducati GP17 an abomination. And the Kawasaki ZX-10RR World Superbike is a blight to the eyes. :rofl:

Just kidding, of course. Each to his own. I must say I myself have never seen an ugly motorcycle. Ever.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Not even an NM4 or DN-01?
Not even.

There was a guy in my area who built his own motorcycle from scratch; it used a Triumph engine from the 1960's, had a very strange fork with a trailing-axle, swinging-arm type of suspension, a mid-chassis jackshaft concentric with the swingarm pivot, and a bunch of other weird stuff.

We used to see this guy almost every weekend. He was not a very good rider and the bike did not seem to handle well. We called this bike "The Contraption" and it was not beautiful in any way, but the guy who built it loved it.

No, if it has two wheels and an engine, I like it.
LongRanger_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Not even an NM4 or DN-01?
To each their own, for sure. I would add the Suzuki Madura to the ferret's list.
To each their own, for sure. I would add the Suzuki Madura to the ferret's list. Oh my gosh...I remember that one. Thick as a brick.
 
the maintenance and replacement parts prices would scare me away which makes me love this simple air cooled 1100 even more .

Ulvetanna thanks for the memory , also had am XL600R and loved the bike.
using the decompression lever to air out the cylinder and slightly past the top of the compression stroke was a learned technique that fired that big thumper up almost every time :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
C'mon, now, this is NOT ugly...
55414bbf34b546fd2b9a1452329297dc.jpg
 
I toured. Once. On a Suzuki TS-125. Duluth Minnesota to Broadus Montana. Hit North Dakota on the way out, South Dakota (to Winona Minnesota before back to Duluth).

It was my first bike.

I was young and stupid (and my fiancee had dropped me for someone else so it was pretty easy to road trip on anything).

I eventually upgraded to a CJ-360t and toured even more!
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I toured. Once. On a Suzuki TS-125. Duluth Minnesota to Broadus Montana. Hit North Dakota on the way out, South Dakota (to Winona Minnesota before back to Duluth).

It was my first bike.

I was young and stupid (and my fiancee had dropped me for someone else so it was pretty easy to road trip on anything).

I eventually upgraded to a CJ-360t and toured even more!
That's great. I had way more fun back in those days. Footloose and fancy-free.
 
Thread starter
nhawk7504_imp said:
That thing is a beast. What a kit!
It would be cool to see them back into the competition again. I've never owned an Italian bike myself, and probably won't, but the more choices, the better. MV has a different take than Ducati, for sure.
 
Back
Top