Muffler Slip On's

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
:biker:I enjoy the quiet of my factory exhaust. I have owned the loud thumpers for years and the change is nice. I also like, to quote Ferret, the waterfall cascade of the four into one exhaust.
What I do not like is the size of that massive chunk of metal passing as a muffler. So the question: Can I have a few suggestions of aftermarket slip ons that are smaller than factory, well made, as quiet as possible and look like they belong. If I could clone the factory unit and reduce the size by 1/2 I would be a happy man. I will also send some more pictures of the Parabellum fairing with the 18" screen on. Now that some of the days are getting cool the extra wind protection is really exceptional.
 
I have a 2 bros which is loud and most people here dislike I like it and it actually adds power. I think the most stockish unit that's smaller is the staintune. Arrow unit looks pretty darn good too it adds some sound but its not too loud. It's cheaper than the staintune by a couple hundred bucks too.
Arrow Exhaust Review - Pics and Vid

I have arrow headers and they make top quality stuff.
 
Check out the thread on "what kind of exhaust are you running." I posted some pics of my Arrow slip. Similar to stock but smaller. Sounds great too, nice and deep with some rumble without being harsh or obnoxious. If you like it quieter (similar to stock sound), just don't remove the baffle in the Arrow and leave it inside.
 
Thread starter
Brookland27_imp said:
I have a 2 bros which is loud and most people here dislike I like it and it actually adds power. I think the most stockish unit that's smaller is the staintune. Arrow unit looks pretty darn good too it adds some sound but its not too loud. It's cheaper than the staintune by a couple hundred bucks too.
Arrow Exhaust Review - Pics and Vid

I have arrow headers and they make top quality stuff.
Thanks you are spot on and I had staintunes on my Thruxton loud but not as loud as the wife's britsh customs exhaust. the shape and size are correct.
MikeOxbig_imp said:
Check out the thread on "what kind of exhaust are you running." I posted some pics of my Arrow slip. Similar to stock but smaller. Sounds great too, nice and deep with some rumble without being harsh or obnoxious. If you like it quieter (similar to stock sound), just don't remove the baffle in the Arrow and leave it inside.
Two seconds after my post I looked at it and had one of my well duh moments. I should have just read it first.
 
Staintunes is the only way to go, smaller than stock, not to loud, beautifully chrome finish, they look like they belong on the bike, and as far as I know they are the only exhaust that never needs repacking. Expensive, yes but worth it................
 
My CB came from the dealer with a Yoshimura RS-3 installed. Having never heard the original muffler, I can't compare. But I do like the look and sound of the Yoshi. Here is the very first photo of my CB when it was on display at Fun Bike Center. I had the salesperson take a photo and send it to me.



I remember getting that photo and thinking, "Yup, that's the one!" The next day, it was mine. If and when the time comes for me to change out the muffler, I'll be giving the Staintune a close look based on the great reviews of others on this forum. Until then, I'm very pleased with what I have.
 
Thread starter
Since my last post I have looked at GPR exhausts from Italy and Arrow. Unknown to me that Arrow and GPR have removable baffles. I saw a u tube post that demonstrated the different db ranges in the arrow with and with out the baffle including a modified baffle range. This works for me in at least with the Arrow I can remove and replace the baffle. I wonder if this is true in other slip-ons as well?
 
I bought the Staintune. I wanted to add a little power and noise while sticking to something that looked close to the stock muffler. The Staintune is expensive but I love the sound it has. It is a little louder but not anything like Two Brothers. I have used Two Brothers on another bike.

 
chync_imp said:
I bought the Staintune. I wanted to add a little power and noise while sticking to something that looked close to the stock muffler. The Staintune is expensive but I love the sound it has. It is a little louder but not anything like Two Brothers. I have used Two Brothers on another bike.
I like how the chrome, stainless steel and brushed aluminum components contrast and balance with the black of your Standard....have you considered chrome side covers, or would that tip the balance?
 
Thread starter
I had staintune on my Thruxton, cannot deny the quality of the product.
I have the same black scheme, I have been thinking about the paintable fenders from Japan to pick up even more black. A chrome side cover would look better without chrome fenders IMO.
Blackety black don't talk back.
Black has always been my go to motorcycle color, XLCR black on black;Thruxton black on black. Just like Henry Ford: "any color as long as it's black"
 
I have the remus powercone slip-on. It has a removable baffle if you want it loud. It is almost as quiet as stock with baffle in, but has a little deeper sound. I like the staintune also, but it does not have a removable baffle. I want to be able to have it loud if the mood strikes me and put baffle back in if I want it quiet.
f6f019e654a657af8b7e1a87349a2829.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
fredkb_imp said:
I have the remus powercone slip-on. It has a removable baffle if you want it loud. It is almost as quiet as stock with baffle in, but has a little deeper sound. I like the staintune also, but it does not have a removable baffle. I want to be able to have it loud if the mood strikes me and put baffle back in if I want it quiet.
f6f019e654a657af8b7e1a87349a2829.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Fred,

What are those two black bars sticking up behind your seat?

Chip
 
They are the mounting brackets for my ventura luggage rack. It is designed to be easily removed with 2 thumb screws. You can put a grab hwndle, or a luggage rack in there. I hqve had the ventura rack for over a year now and ithe rack has split at the bend. It is either metal fatigue from bouncing up and down or it could be where a co-worker bumped it with the fork lift and knocked my bike over.
a224f6922b134e37edf10b33e65395d6.jpg
17bc14866f139fc1bc3bf7809e877e39.jpg
7a82da730db95db6935b4895d1a0291f.jpg
aed84debc2eded4ab0018e80ee9296c1.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top