Mrs Ferret's new ride

Wagonpeddler_imp said:
That was a quick upgrade. Lucky for you to have your wife ride with you....never happen with mine. Will be a sad day if I ever have to swap the CB for a scooter. Looking further at 300 or 400 cc scooters still, however, weigh in at over 500 lbs!
Not as bad [riding] as you might think. Maybe a bit lumpy-lookin' in the rear lower quarter, but ah well. It still moves!

Plus, all that extra storage. :)

Weather protection is pretty good too.
 
Thread starter
Wagonpeddler_imp said:
That was a quick upgrade. Lucky for you to have your wife ride with you....never happen with mine. Will be a sad day if I ever have to swap the CB for a scooter. Looking further at 300 or 400 cc scooters still, however, weigh in at over 500 lbs!
The X Max 300 weighs 394. That's 100 pounds lighter than my NC 750 and 150 lighter than the CB, but they carry their weight very low.

Lots of advantages to a scooter... twist and go, so it's easy to ride, both brakes are in your hands, good wind protection, good storage, good gas mileage and lots of places to put your feet, from under your hips to forward cruiser style..
 
Maybe we will see a scooter at the rally?
2571a0fb21a15fbeaf2584fe345ff8bd.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Nice scoot! Glad to see that Mrs. F has upgraded.
Mrs. G has scooters on her radar again... she's about to end her work-from-home tele-doc job and start with a hospital here in OC that would basically put her on my commute, into heavy traffic.

The main reason I started moto-commuting years ago was to relieve the pain in my head from repeatedly banging it against the steering wheel in frustration. Her hours will be a bit staggered from mine, but she's already dreading sitting on the freeway. We'll see how long it will take before she's moto-curious again...
 
redbirds_imp said:
That is a nice upgrade. I had no idea that scooters were available with that much tech. Very nice ride indeed.
Even the 202x top trim level Honda PCX150 comes well-equipped with keyless ignition, ABS, the usual ton of storage, super easy parking, crazy 100+ mpg economy, but still not adequate for freeway use. It is freeway legal (in Canada, at least), but I do not do more than a few clicks before off-ramping.

A side note: The PCX150 has one of the highest power-per-displacement ratios amongst two-wheeled machines on the road. That, and it sips regular gasoline.
 
Thread starter
I did 41 miles this afternoon on the NC solo, then after dinner went for a 45 miler with Mrs Ferret breaking her new X Max in. She is happy with the hill pulling power of the 300 and she rode it like a champ tonight.
 
Thread starter
Well, my Cincinnati nephew JUST send me a text with a pic of the 400 Yamaha Majesty scooter he just bought. White with tan seat, really pretty.

9a467b081efd9ea4fe0915057c2bea35.jpg
 
Nach: I know long retired seniors who travelled coast-to-coast Canada two-up and fully loaded on a Yamaha Majesty 400, as well as down into the eastern U.S.

Incredible, yes. I have seen this personally first hand myself.
 
Lovely machine:thumbsup:
I’ve always loved scooters.
When teens and had my own smaller cc’s bikes, always wanted a scooter.
Had a friend with a Lambretta 175cc that often had some Marelli electrical problems and he was a frequent visitor to “my garage”…. unforgettable times.
 
Thread starter
Mrs Ferret did 88 miles today on 2 rides. One I rode my CB the other my NC.
 
Back
Top