MRA Vario windscreen

thessler3_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I am curious if anyone has tried a MRA Vario windscreen on a CB1100? MRA makes very nice stuff and is available via Twisted Throttle in the USA. If anyone has one on a CB1100 it would be nice to hear how easy it was to install and see a pic.
 
I'm just about to order one myself. Just trying to figure out whether fitting kits are purchased separately or not...

note: I'm not buying from twisted throttle but possibly from bikehps.com (depending on delivery fee to Australia)

If I do go forward with it and put it one I'll post impressions.
 
A search for MRA Vario only returns your post, so you may be the first to try one :)
 
ari cb_imp said:
I'm just about to order one myself. Just trying to figure out whether fitting kits are purchased separately or not...

note: I'm not buying from twisted throttle but possibly from bikehps.com (depending on delivery fee to Australia)

If I do go forward with it and put it one I'll post impressions.
Ari,

I was looking up the screen to see what it was like and came across this site, Whites Powersports Australia Purchases Pro Accessories Brands in case you haven't seen it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
ari cb_imp said:
I'm just about to order one myself. Just trying to figure out whether fitting kits are purchased separately or not...

note: I'm not buying from twisted throttle but possibly from bikehps.com (depending on delivery fee to Australia)

If I do go forward with it and put it one I'll post impressions.
Ari,

I was looking up the screen to see what it was like and came across this site, Whites Powersports Australia Purchases Pro Accessories Brands in case you haven't seen it.
Ari,

I was looking up the screen to see what it was like and came across this site, Whites Powersports Australia Purchases Pro Accessories Brands in case you haven't seen it.

Thanks mate. Was looking into that one there but there's quite a bit of 'Aussie tax' on it... See how we go with the other suppliers (including MCAS, twisted throttle, bikehps.com etc) and I'll let you guys know.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
I finally picked up my 2013 bike and will try the MRA Vario screen. I think that the screen and mounting kit have to be ordered separately as there are several mounting kits listed on the MRA web site for different bikes. I will post a pic.
 
cac2f4e6ccaca6a3c042fe0c8bff9a0a.jpg

4bebcd30b0923ec6795c25510cdbc465.jpg

2064545dad7e690cd71e7199324cd2fc.jpg

622cca268ba9df1e3f920a0985f8b020.jpg

83dd3f98bcd404a38830d8979cffc78e.jpg
 
Thread starter
MRA Vario looks nice on the 919. Have you ever checked to see if it would fit on the CB1100? I'm not sure it would clear the instruments and not leave a big gap over the headlight.

Twisted Throttle was not much help when I called them.
 
Stumbled across this wind screen on a Victory forum of all places, but it seems to work fine on their cruisers so I checked around and found it on the Twisted Throttle site, then found the MRA site with has several wind screens that would fit our bikes.

MRA Vario web site.

This one looks pretty good and some of the stock shots on the MRA site shows an older Honda CB with it mounted.

Might be an interesting option to try although I have the Road Comet which looks great but the MRA Vario might work better to customize the air flow.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Hello again! So Ive finally put the screen on. I went for the smoke gray colour. Don't forget to get the fitting kit (26cm long version) if you are getting one.

It was pretty easy to do. Instructions provided was pretty clear and there is even a youtube video made by MRA to help.

The whole construction feels sturdy. Thick screen and good quality fittings. I gave about 5mm between the screen and the headlights / speedo to prevent squeaks and rattles. I think the metal rods can be cut shorter to tidy things a bit.

I have not taken it for a ride on the highway yet, but at least at 60kmh it kept the wind off my chest. The variable lip is quite interesting. Obviously different positions would give you different (clean) airflow. Lowest position let wind to hit my shoulders. The highest would let it hit my helmet around my forehead. Bear in mind the these are not highway speeds . I'll report back after a ride this coming weekend.

On to the photos. Sorry about the quality.

85ccdecebd0526734e75bd422813a90a.jpg


a7e186e59ae5e703560fb36bf2466574.jpg


dd603b73a55dade1e3cddf117805013d.jpg


224279c2b3b5d046cb36dea1b4835897.jpg


182559a4f174fb3da69cde761c1358ae.jpg


Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
 
That looks great on your white bike! Looks neat and clean. I can see the rods are long like you said! I would ride bike and get it all adj just the way you want it. Then I would cut the mounting bars and put the rubber ends back on! Keep us posted how it does at 70+
 
Ridem

I was thinking the same thing...
 
 
Ari, what happens when you turn the bars to full lock? Looks like the ends of the mounting bars could hit the tank.

I'll be interested to hear how you find it at speed.
 
Back
Top