MPG Accuracy?

Short Timer_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I wonder how accurate the trip computer is for calculating miles per gallon? If mine can be believed, I got 51.6 on my first tank. That's wayyyy better than I ever expected. My old Shadow 750 was getting 64mpg consistently. Never thought I'd see 50's from the cb!

I am really really liking this motorcycle. Smooth as silk. What a Time Machine.:celebrate:
 
Its within 1 mpg on my bike and easy to check. Fill up, zero trip b ( which I use for tank mileage..I use trip A for trip mileage). Ride x number of miles. Refill just lime you did previously, and divide miles driven on tank by gallons used to fill.
 
Thread starter
Thanks MrFerret. I usually use Mileage Keeper but being a wee bit lazy in my old-er age, I figured I'd just let the bike do the work if it was pretty accurate. :rolleyes:

BTW, thank you for all of your mod-posts. Very helpful and idea inspiring! I took off my pant-cuff-grabbers today. If I ever get leaned over far enough to hear something scrape it will only be because I've croaked. And by then it ain't gonna matter and I won't hear it anyway. :D
 
Short Timer_imp said:
Thanks MrFerret. I usually use Mileage Keeper but being a wee bit lazy in my old-er age, I figured I'd just let the bike do the work if it was pretty accurate. :rolleyes:

BTW, thank you for all of your mod-posts. Very helpful and idea inspiring! I took off my pant-cuff-grabbers today. If I ever get leaned over far enough to hear something scrape it will only be because I've croaked. And by then it ain't gonna matter and I won't hear it anyway. :D

Lol, a man after my own heart.
 
Back
Top