My friend and I relocated the turn signals on my CB a couple weeks ago, I've been meaning to post pics but keep forgetting. We didn't even bother using the bracket I had for it, we just removed the reflectors from the sides of the license plate bracket and bored out the holes a hair. We could not find an easy way to run the wiring under the fender, so it comes out the back of the seat and into the housing for the tail-light, then down again. You can't see the wiring at the top at all when the seat is on the bike.
We soldered the wires, which is usually a much safer bet than just splicing but good connectors would probably be fine too. The ones that came with my new turn signals weren't very useful though, you would probably want to invest in something else if that was what you were going to do.
Oh, and this was done with new, smaller bullet signals not the original stock. I don't know that you would have enough wire or that the license plate bracket would be a good spot for the stock signals as the ones installed are *significantly* smaller and lighter than stock.