Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Tezza_imp said:Hasn't changed much from 1973. Here is the specs for my Kawasaki Z1.
82HP,weight 546lb wet,max torque 54.3lb/ft. Wheel base 59 inches. Brakes are a bit weak and fuel economy is obviously down but not too far away from the CB1100.
pekingduck_imp said:I don't know how Ducati can make bikes like the Monster 1200 that weigh less than the CB500X or BMW G650GS but make 3X the horsepower.
I guess I'm really wondering why other bikes need to be so heavy.
Other bikes don't have a frame that will fit in your lunchbox!!!pekingduck_imp said:I don't know how Ducati can make bikes like the Monster 1200 that weigh less than the CB500X or BMW G650GS but make 3X the horsepower.
I guess I'm really wondering why other bikes need to be so heavy.
...
Good suggestions rotor. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow so I'll continue to work on the spreadsheet. For me, low end torque (2000-3000 RPM) and a relatively flat torque curve is more important than peak HP.rotor_imp said:You are better man than I; I keep putting a similar thing on back of an envelope, over and over again each time I'm buying (or toying with the idea of doing so...
When it comes to mass, I do not use the bike mass only, but the bike plus 100 kilograms (for the rider and gear). Why? Extremely light bikes loose some of their power over mass coefficient advantage - and this is what models the real conditions better than just the machine mass. If I was ever to consider two-up touring, for such bikes it should probably be mass+180 kilograms.
My lists include the seat height and rake angle, but not the torque numbers. This is the list of things I need to know to find real contenders.
May I suggest that you put units in the column headers? If it was possible to generate (since the numbers are already sitting in a spreadsheet?) the output in SI units (for instance, power in Watts over mass in kilograms) this would be terrific (for us in the rest of the World![]()