Motorcycle life.

Tezza_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Took this from a mates Facebook page.

THE LIFE THAT MANY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND:
I own a motorcycle because of a personal life choice.
One day when I am very old and when I can not ride anymore, it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories.
I have met people who taught me something and have the same spirit.
I meet people now who get wisdom from me.
I get wet,
I get cold,
And I have been hot,
I was afraid,
I fell,
And I stood up,
I even hurt myself,
But also, I laughed out loud with the wind.
I spoke a thousand times with myself and Still do.
I sang and shouted with joy like a madman,
And yes ... sometimes I cried.
I have seen wonderful places because of motorcycles.
I have made curves that even my friends would be proud of; other times I made curves full of terror.
I stopped many times to see a landscape.
I spoke with perfect strangers.
I go out with frustrations inside and return home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.
I always think how dangerous it is, knowing that the meaning of courage is to advance even feeling fear.
Every time I go out to my ride I think about how wonderful it is.
I learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
I spend money that I do not have, I gave up many things, but it's all worth it...
My bike is not a means of transportation but is a piece of steel, aluminum and plastic with wheels that I am blessed with, it's part of who I am.
I love my friends and the joy of great people & motorcycles!
... May the angels guard my travels, for they know the road ahead of me...
.
 
Well put and so appropriate
 
Thank you Tezza.
 
I can relate to much of what he wrote.

As a teenager I was very quiet and shy. In 1966 I bought a small motorcycle and after dinner sat on the outside of a circle of bikers at donut shop. As the size of the group and my motorcycles grew so did my confidence. Within a couple of years my personality had changed. I was not as obnoxious as pipes of my BSA café racer, but I was heard and having a lot of fun.

In 1982 I was elected the president of a 150 member motorcycle touring club. Public speaking to this rowdy crowd was now easy and enjoyable. My wife and I toured on our Aspencade Goldwing with members of the group every summer. But in 1989 we became busy with other aspects of our life and I sold the bike.

25 years later on my 68th birthday I returned to motorcycling and bought a CB500XA. Thoroughly enjoyed the bike for 3 years and then traded it in on a 2017 CB1100 EX. I still enjoy motorcycling and the people I meet while riding, but I prefer to ride alone. I am very lucky that there are many good motorcycling roads within an hour of our home. Of all of my pastimes, I prefer motorcycling the most.
 
I occasionally ride my bike to the store.. 65 miles away, through the mountains to buy my pistachios.. haha .. we have just had a big snow, up in our local mountains, where I ride.. I plan on exploring the road through the mountains this Monday.. my cal-trans buddies keep the road in pretty good shape, laying down a liquid salt and cinders in places.. I guess it is actually ground lava rock.. come to think of it, I had better check with cal-trans to make sure the road (hwy 33) is open !!

chuckk ..

.
90d0d88b56aa282832e858744934db18.jpg

so is that fun or transportation, or both !!.. just found out the road is open !! .. yay .. chains are required though, so who is too say how far up I will be able to ride..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I occasionally ride my bike to the store.. 65 miles away, through the mountains to buy my pistachios.. haha .. we have just had a big snow, up in our local mountains, where I ride.. I plan on exploring the road through the mountains this Monday.. my cal-trans buddies keep the road in pretty good shape, laying down a liquid salt and cinders in places.. I guess it is actually ground lava rock.. come to think of it, I had better check with cal-trans to make sure the road (hwy 33) is open !!

chuckk ..

.
90d0d88b56aa282832e858744934db18.jpg

so is that fun or transportation, or both !!.. just found out the road is open !! .. yay .. chains are required though, so who is too say how far up I will be able to ride..
What a nutty errand...! :rolleyes:
 
Nice one, Fritz. You got right to the kernel of the matter.
 
I ride:
So that when I get to work, I don't feel like ripping the heads off of the first three people who talk to me.
So that when I get home at the end of the day, I forget about whatever happened at work.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I ride:
So that when I get to work, I don't feel like ripping the heads off of the first three people who talk to me.
So that when I get home at the end of the day, I forget about whatever happened at work.
Definitely (+1) on Item #2.
 
Back
Top