Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel

Thread starter
I assume Dynojet only posts the maps that they actual create and test. This works great on super popular bikes where lots performance parts are available domestically. Unfortunately, this is not the case for our ride.

For example, they have 55 maps listed for a 2008 GSXR 1000.
 
Jon -

I received a PCV with stock map last night and installed it today. I "enjoyed" the "quick release" fuel line connector for a good 40 minutes before getting it off. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. I also installed the TSR air funnel.

Has the shop provided an update on your map?
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Jon -

I received a PCV with stock map last night and installed it today. I "enjoyed" the "quick release" fuel line connector for a good 40 minutes before getting it off. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. I also installed the TSR air funnel.

Has the shop provided an update on your map?
Total PITA for sure, but it was easy for me once I realized I needed to pull the rubber stopper out of the quick release in order to squeeze the 2 tabs.
 
Joola_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Jon -

I received a PCV with stock map last night and installed it today. I "enjoyed" the "quick release" fuel line connector for a good 40 minutes before getting it off. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. I also installed the TSR air funnel.

Has the shop provided an update on your map?
Total PITA for sure, but it was easy for me once I realized I needed to pull the rubber stopper out of the quick release in order to squeeze the 2 tabs.
Total PITA for sure, but it was easy for me once I realized I needed to pull the rubber stopper out of the quick release in order to squeeze the 2 tabs.
I got that part ok, but when it came apart, the plastic tab thing stayed on the tank pipe. Couldn't get it back on until I realized I had to put those clips back into the hose connector side and the rubber on the tank pipe..... Then it clicked together easy.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME,

I have her scheduled to re-do it on the 11th. Yeah, Quick release my A** .. lol. Give me a hose clamp anyday.
 
" Thin wall design allows for use in small plug cavities"

Jon - Looks like just the ticket! Also looking at the spring puller tool.

Don't need the tool to remove the O2 sensor if I go with a Motorgear exhaust, right? Did you pull your O2 sensor wires from your bike after the PCV install or leave them in place?
 
Thread starter
Don't need the tool to remove the O2 sensor if I go with a Motorgear exhaust, right? Did you pull your O2 sensor wires from your bike after the PCV install or leave them in place?

Correct, you can just leave it in the stock header, but you will need a plug for the sensor bung in the mototgear collector. I'm not sure what thread size it is exactly. I found a bolt in my spare parts bin that fit. And yes, I left the o2 sensor wire on the bike until I changed the header. It's routed really good and won't go anywhere.

As for the spring puller, this is the one I used;

Motion Pro
 
Hondajon, Did you ever get your bike re dynoed?

Will have mine done in two weeks time. thanks to ya'll for information needed, was really helpful.
 
I've been following this thread and waiting anxiously for the final results. No pressure HondaJon, but since you were going back on the 11th were you able to get it done?
Hope all is well.
 
Thread starter
Apologies all about my late reply. I am dealing with six major construction projects that have been taking up most of my time.

We'll, I have bad news, I didn't do the dyno run on the 11th. After several conversation with the owner of FJ motorsports and an e-mail to dynojet, I did not have the confidence that they could tune my bike properly since the speed limiter was always the topic of discussion. I received a refund and am looking for another shop with a dyno that is not too far from me.

I will say that the stock PC V map seems to be working fine given my mods. I pulled the plugs and they all looked OK, maybe a hair on the rich side if anything.

I am really amazed at the variations of the figures of the maps that have be submitted for inclusion on my chart. I would really like to see "SMILERS" map. His mods are pretty darn close to mine.
 
Thread starter
That's true Deanohh, Never thought of it that way.

I will post mine once I find a more experienced shop to make it. Looks like I have a drive in store..
 
Thread starter
I just found a map TSR made for use with it's air funnel kit using Google Translate. **ONLY 6 VALUES ARE DIFFERNANT THAN THOSE ON THE PRE LOADED PC V MAP**

5250 - 5700 at 40 and 60 - these six blocks see increases vs the stocker.

You can download it here;

http://shop.tsrjp.com/item/IS00008N00490.html

Here is the full translation

[ Number ] 17200-S65-000

[ Name ] 10-CB1100 air funnel kit

:2010-2013 CB1100 (EBL-SC65) adaptation model

Material , manufacturing method : A2017 aluminum cutting

I have developed and marketed for the purpose of power-up of the CB1100.

The amount of intake air is increased by expanding the diameter ( inside diameter ) to the genuine parts .

Improvement of engine power can be obtained by using both fuel injection controller commercially available , and the exhaust system .

※ 1. Racing parts

※ 2. I use Dynojet power Commander V is in the development of this product .

※ 3. You can not get the effect of performance improvement in this product separately . You must be used with the following parts .

Fuel injection controller

EXHAUST

And renovation of the outside air intake of the air cleaner box .

We recommend the use of our products , " 17325-S54-000 air intake funnel " .

[Manual / Parts List is here

This [(pvm format ) Power Commander V for recommended map data ]
 
HondaJon_imp said:
That's true Deanohh, Never thought of it that way.

I will post mine once I find a more experienced shop to make it. Looks like I have a drive in store..
you could check out the autotune module. You would need to get the stock bung size replaced with one that fits the wide range sensor. (19mm I think). Worked fine on a FZ1 I had.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
That's true Deanohh, Never thought of it that way.

I will post mine once I find a more experienced shop to make it. Looks like I have a drive in store..
you could check out the autotune module. You would need to get the stock bung size replaced with one that fits the wide range sensor. (19mm I think). Worked fine on a FZ1 I had.
you could check out the autotune module. You would need to get the stock bung size replaced with one that fits the wide range sensor. (19mm I think). Worked fine on a FZ1 I had.
Just installed a tsr air funnel looking forward to trying it in the morning
Have had a auto tune installed for a while so hopefully it does its job will post results
Has any one fitted a set of arrow pipes interested to see what feed back there is on them as I will have a set in 5 weeks
 
Thread starter
I ran the snot out of her yesterday with the TSR map and to be honest, I can't tell any difference vs. the pre-loaded one.
CB4ME, you should be OK with either the TSR one or the stocker. TSR adds some fuel to 6 cells, but other than that, no change.

I want to order those TSR stacks, but I really need some English instructions. The install looks pretty involved and I only want to do it once. Google translate only goes so far.

Going to ask Mr. T. if he can make that happen.
 
Back
Top