Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel

Tripod_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Can the TSR Air Funnel be used with the stock air filter (K&N not needed)?
http://shop.tsrjp.com/item/IS00008N00770.html
http://www.samurider.com/?p=16803/#itemImage
Also, does this "funnel" replace the OEM side plate or did you need to cut out part of the plastic?

And to confirm you can use the Staintune with the Motogear Tit header?
http://www.samurider.com/?p=15371
^^^ I was going to ask the same exact questions!
^^^ I was going to ask the same exact questions!
The Motogear titanium header fits a stock muffler, so any aftermarket muffler that fits a stock header will fit. The gold funnel replaces the stock cover, and both K&N and stock air filters have same dimensions and both fit the gold funnel but the K&N is better flowing so its sorta needed to reap the benefits.
 
HondaJon, I did a quick numbers check on your screen shot to the one I have from PCV as shipped and the numbers look the same....so the one you are showing has not been tweaked yet for your new intake and header as far as I can tell
 
Thread starter
Hiker, thanks for confirming, I was checking that myself. Today, the tech couldn't find my map on the DYNO's PC and now I know why. He never saved it or installed it on my bike. I am super hot right now. I think I am going to get my $ back and find another shop...
 
When you plugged your computer into the pcv, did you use the get map button so that you were seeing the map from the pcv? I thought they mapped over the existing map as they tuned.
 
Thread starter
Deanohh,

Yes, used "Get Map" button and only the stocker came up. I really don't know what happened but I am pretty PO'ed. There is another shop in Lakeland I'll have to take her to.
 
Smiler_imp said:
Had my custom map done today, K-Factory 4-1 exhaust with free flow baffle, TSR inlet funnel, PCV

Really happy with the results 97.18hp, 70.39 ft lbs of torque

Bill

1f01dada3984f997e512d4cbfc7e852a.jpg
Bill - thanks for sharing your setup and results. Are you running a K&N or stock air filter? I'm assuming the K-Factory full exhaust doesn't have a catalytic converter. I'd be interested in your riding impressions. Your results are impressive.

Jon - that's a messed up deal with your dyno run. I'd asked for a free re-do performed by their top tech or all your money back.

I assume the 97 hp run was not at optimized mapping? Keep us informed and good luck on the next dyno run.
 
Thread starter
Just got a reply from the shop owner. He is going to tune the bike himself.

I guess I should be glad the pre-loaded map will work given my mods. The tech did say it was close but a little lean up top.

I am still baffled on how this happened. I think the speed sensor really threw him off.

Smiler, can you post your map? I'd really like to see what yours looks like.

Also for Ferret, the fourm will not allow me to a attach .PVM file. Do you think you could change that?
 
HondaJon_imp said:
Deanohh,

Yes, used "Get Map" button and only the stocker came up. I really don't know what happened but I am pretty PO'ed. There is another shop in Lakeland I'll have to take her to.
just checking....... I never saw the screenshot mentioned so didn't know any notes or filename that show up.

they can run it in 3rd to get th revs up enough for full mapping. The btm 3 rows would probably be the same anyway. It will affect the wot power graph a little for max power comparison, but getting a good map is the main thing.
 
HondaJon_imp said:
Just got a reply from the shop owner. He is going to tune the bike himself.

I guess I should be glad the pre-loaded map will work given my mods. The tech did say it was close but a little lean up top.

I am still baffled on how this happened. I think the speed sensor really threw him off.

Smiler, can you post your map? I'd really like to see what yours looks like.

Also for Ferret, the fourm will not allow me to a attach .PVM file. Do you think you could change that?
Try changing the file extension to one it will upload, maybe .pdf, .txt, .jpg, etc.
 
Hondajon.. Please send a pm to Guth..he's the smart one. Y'all are talking a foreign language to me.
 
Thread starter
**Update** Kinda

Spoke with my shop's owner yesterday. He told me he had a call into Dynojet regarding the sensor and the process they used to set up the map that comes installed on the PC V. I expect to hear something by the end of the week. I also had an idea for the forum. Maybe we should set up our own PC V map database and make it only accessible to forum members like the "For Sale" section.
 
Or perhaps another sub-forum under the Technical/Mechaical section. I love the idea and second the motion.

A lady from More Power Racing, the outfit I ordered my PCV, called me last night and asked me what mods I had and how I'd like my PCV mapped. Blank map or custom map? This threw me off a bit. I told her I thought that Dynajet only had a stock map for the CB1100. But I gave her my planned mods (copy of Jon's mods) and she said she'd check with her techs to see what they had available.

That must have been a quick discussion, because I got an e-mail not 2 hours later that the PCV had shipped.....hopefully with the stock map 16-040.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME,

That was nice they offered to pre-load a map for you. I'm sure they have plenty for a GSXR 1000 or an R-1, but none for our rides

I think we are on our own here and that's why I suggested the map database. I am setting up a format in Excel to drop the data into, list the mods and the name of the member who submitted it.
 
I also think it's a great idea to have a PCV Map Database. I am waiting to hear back from Samurider for quotes on the Motogear header and TSR Air Funnels. I will probably mirror your setup pretty close, HondaJon. If all goes well, I should be taking it to my tuner in the spring...
 
Back
Top