Motogear Titanium Header and TSR Air Funnel

Thread starter
Agreed Deanohh. the install looks much more involved.

I think I am going to call Bazzaz and ask how them how, or even if, they overcome that evil sensor.
 
Thread starter
Welcome CB4ME

You'll be very please with the responsiveness.

She is a little louder with the cat free header, but I like the sound. Just enough to know she'll get it done when you want her to.

My shop still has not sent me the map. They had just moved thier dyno and the printer wasn't working. I'll run down there tomorrow and get it.

If any other members live in the Tampa area and want a dyno run, here is where I went;

http://www.fjmotorsports.com/

Riley was the tuner. He's a young guy but knows his stuff. Really tech savy and did a good job.
 
Yea, Run on down there CB4ME... Lol
 
HondaJon - that's a cool website and shop! I may try to find something closer to my neck of the woods however.

I have a few questions.

Has anyone established the max rear wheel HP of a completely stock CB1100?

You reported 96 hp using a stock map. So someone with your setup minus the PCV could expect about the same results, right?

Was 97 hp the result of doing partial or fulll map adjustments?
 
AHA!! I thought our engines could get damn close to 100 HP with this type of mod. I've seen 20% and better gains on too many other bikes with nothing more than exhaust, intake, and fueling. And a good dyno-tune, of course.

Congrats and thanks for sharing this!
 
Thread starter
CB4ME, Let me clarify,

The "Stock map" I mentioned is the one that is loaded on the PC V when you purchase it. The PC V is a must, The bike runs way too lean without it.

She ran OK with my mods and the pre-loaded PC V map. However, it really came alive with the custom map, especially up on top.

Here is a thread on a stocker on the dyno. 81 HP
Dyno

The 97 HP was post map mods. Keep in mind that due to the evil speed sensor, he could only tune it so far. I am super happy with the results and really don't care to go over 112MPH. The responsiveness now is so much better.

I'm going down to the shop today and should have the map up tonight.

I think Deanohh did his air box mod before the billet funnel was available. I was going to emulate his and then noticed the TSR piece on Mr. T's site.
 
Had my custom map done today, K-Factory 4-1 exhaust with free flow baffle, TSR inlet funnel, PCV

Really happy with the results 97.18hp, 70.39 ft lbs of torque

Bill

1f01dada3984f997e512d4cbfc7e852a.jpg
 
WOW, great #'s. I'm xtra glad about the filter funnel being silent. Looks like the kits a must. I'm thinking try the funnel 1st then add the throttle body funnels for a comparo.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
The Deanohh air funnel
That's really cool Deanohh! A thread on how you did it would be equally cool.
That's really cool Deanohh! A thread on how you did it would be equally cool.
Deanohh saved himself $100, money I just spent on the TSR funnel. :( I love the ingenuity!

HondaJon - thanks for confirming the PCV requirement. Need to find the how-to video and the best current pricing.

You guys are knocking on the door to the One Ton (hp) Club - I am loving these numbers and am about $1200 behind you, going Jon's route - adding Motorgear titanium headers to a Staintune muffler.

For a less expensive route, folks can emulate Deanohh's mod, add a K&N filter, and purchase an inexpensive KSY full exhaust system - all for under $500, or upgrade to a K-Factory full exhaust for about $900 total. Not to mention other full exhaust options
 
HondaJon_imp said:
CB4ME,

Motomummy had the best PC V prices and free shipping. Install is pretty easy easy. Tank fuel line is tricky the first time you do it.

https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v-cruisers/

Sweet Numbers Bill. I thought about the K-Factory unit but just couldn't part with the Staintune.

Oh, my shop was closed today. E-mailed the owner to see if HE could get me a copy of the map. Starting to get :@
Hope you get the map print-out soon. I should be installing a TSR funnel and PCV next week. (and a Chic Design front fender - good for another 0.0001 hp!) :D
 
Back
Top