Moto Guzzi Mandello Pricing

Make mine RED thank you like God intended it. But I just got notice that RED ones won't be here until February!!! That just stinks.
I've had my deposit down for weeks. I'm in!! TM
 
Both are beautiful, Rosa Magna and Bianco Polare...but that green-silver is no no to me.
 
Apparently the green ones are the hardest to get. Demand for any V100 Mandello is pretty strong. Canada is unlikely to get many in the first model year - so I am told.

To improve Gawd's best intention, the green model ought to have a brown saddle.
 
The dealer near my office says that they're still waiting for the first examples to arrive, and that the expected date keeps moving back. Looking forward to drooling on one soon.
 
The dealer in my area is only taking pre-orders. Says the first ones coming over will only be already ordered bikes. They won't have one for the showroom for the foreseeable future.

I can't imagine buying a bike I've not only never sat on but never even seen with my own eyes. But I suppose with the hype these bikes are generating selling one wouldn't be an issue if it didn't "fit".
 
For me the bike ticks a lot of boxes...... If only it were a Honda or a Yamaha. I'm not Guzzi material.
 
Those crash bars coming out of the sides are using very thick tubes. Oh, hang on, they're ....... Exhausts, YIKES!

I'd like to see it with engine/exhaust protectors before I put down an order, it will look quite different.

Never owned a Guzzi, I quite admire the brand, until I saw this http://www.motoguzzi.com/us_EN/mg-v7-gucci-palace/

What could they possibly be thinking? The Gucci Special Edition

 
Tev, It reminds me of when we tickle a baby and say "Goochie, goochie, goo."
Maybe it is something from another age.
 
Bike looks nice- sounds nice- and I watched a video about it- can't say I have any complaint.

Well- how much to paint the whole thing green? Can't stand odd color just for the sake of odd.

Same reason I didn't buy an earlier Aprillia- didn't like purposely mismatched paint and wheels. Seemed like a small child dressing themselves for school..
 
I test rode an 850 Italiano Gucci something or other, and wasn't impressed at all. It seemed kind of rattley, slow, like it didn't want to be bothered, and it ran out of gas during the test ride a couple blocks from the dealer. I parked it in a lot, walked back to the dealer and just got on my Honda and left. The ride again demonstrated Honda's superiority in the mid-size range. The Honda just wanted to go, and it did, serenely.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I test rode an 850 Italiano Gucci something or other, and wasn't impressed at all. It seemed kind of rattley, slow, like it didn't want to be bothered, and it ran out of gas during the test ride a couple blocks from the dealer. I parked it in a lot, walked back to the dealer and just got on my Honda and left. The ride again demonstrated Honda's superiority in the mid-size range. The Honda just wanted to go, and it did, serenely.
Agricultural mechanics they are indeed.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I test rode an 850 Italiano Gucci something or other, and wasn't impressed at all. It seemed kind of rattley, slow, like it didn't want to be bothered, and it ran out of gas during the test ride a couple blocks from the dealer. I parked it in a lot, walked back to the dealer and just got on my Honda and left. The ride again demonstrated Honda's superiority in the mid-size range. The Honda just wanted to go, and it did, serenely.
Hmmm, "rattley, slow"? If you are ever in the west of Canada, please pass by to try out my Moto Guzzi Griso... I really love my "serene" Cb1100 but when I am in the mood of some true hooliganism I take out the Griso.
 
bioman_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I test rode an 850 Italiano Gucci something or other, and wasn't impressed at all. It seemed kind of rattley, slow, like it didn't want to be bothered, and it ran out of gas during the test ride a couple blocks from the dealer. I parked it in a lot, walked back to the dealer and just got on my Honda and left. The ride again demonstrated Honda's superiority in the mid-size range. The Honda just wanted to go, and it did, serenely.
Hmmm, "rattley, slow"? If you are ever in the west of Canada, please pass by to try out my Moto Guzzi Griso... I really love my "serene" Cb1100 but when I am in the mood of some true hooliganism I take out the Griso.
The Moto Guzzi Griso is an awesome bike.

I was about to sign a purchase order for a 2014 model in a lovely Italian Metallic Green colour, but paused, looked at the greasy sales guy and said I will think more about it for the next two days. I bought the 2014 CB1100. I did not see that coming.
 
So, GO, with the benefit of hindsight, should you have tried the Guzzi given you never fitted comfortably on the CB1100?
 
I test rode a Griso, and it ran well above 4000 rpms ( like most Euro bikes) but ran poorly below that. Was not any fun on surface streets but ran well on the freeway. I spend the majority of my time on country curvy backroads between 2500-3500 on my CB which is real enjoyable. I love the fact that you dont have to wring the snot out of it to have an enjoyable ride. The nature of liter class in- line 4's.

Im afraid the Mandello is going to be more like the Griso rev/ motor wise than the CB.
 
Back
Top