Moto Guzzi Eldorado 1400

Appeals to this one.
 
The Guzzi looks better than photos can reveal. I sat on one at European Motorsports in Dahlonega, GA while having my Breva serviced. Very handsome bike with beautiful detailing. It feels more compact than other large displacement cruisers and is said to have handling akin to a sport bike.
 
My brother and I plan on test riding an Eldorado, maybe this week. Pretty bike.
 
Thread starter
Something about that photo reminded me of some of the riding shots I've seen of you guys on your CB1100s. Looks like a fairly similar posture, and the color is great!
 
hondahoarder_imp said:
I have a white touring coming Thursday so stoked. They are a beautiful bike and ride is awesome.
Yours is awesome in white ! But you shoulda kept your CB in the collection. Can't wait to see more pics.
 
Does anyone know anything about 2007 Guzzi Norge sport tourer? I ask because a friend of my son just had one left to him by his uncle 16k miles, red, looks nice in pic but have not seen in person yet,he would like to get like 5k for it I think...SS..
 
Some light reading. Price sounds reasonable, mileage is low.

Google

You also might google Issues with 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge and see what pops up
 
Guzzi's are cool. I owned a MG Bassa (Think Harley Fat Boy meets Euro styling).

These new ones are 1000% better than the ones 20 years ago. I like the all blacked out version. The two tone red with whitewalls looks kind of silly, like a cartoon, art deco bike.

The Norge is a serious, very capable motorcycle. The only downside is dealer network and getting parts quickly. GLWS!

Nonetheless, IMHO $5K seems too low...

http://www.cycletrader.com/search-result...keyword=1&
 
The Norge is a really nice tourer, much like my 1100 Breva but with wind protection and luggage. Two nagging problems I had were a leaking CARC drive that would oil the rear disc when it occurred and a dodgy instrument cluster that would sometimes lose it's LCD without warning. The stock seat is absolutely superb, an all day comfy perch. Make sure that the fuel filter has been replaced with an all steel unit. The factory filter is plastic and will swell and eventually rupture causing total loss of fuel pressure.
One other thing, the motor is not especially strong at low RPMs and does not like being lugged. Motor is smooth and happy when kept at 4000 RPM to red line and very strong in the upper range.
 
Personally I think it's a shame the uncle left it to the nephew and he's going to dump it for cash. He should ride it. Take a trip somewhere. Maybe connect more with the uncle on a certain level. If the uncle wanted him to have money he could have left him cash.

but that is none of my business.

Are you looking to buy it Steve? to ride? or turn over to make some cash yourself?
 
No Micky, I like living in the house too much lol.I am pretty sure I would be put out if I buy another bike, I thought I would help the kid sell it..
 
I own a 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage. I find it extremely reliable and super easy to do common maintenance. One of the most easy to work bikes I have ever owned. The most difficult bike (reliability and maintenance) I owned was a Harley VRod , VRSCR. I saw a new (2014) white California and I really it.
 
I'm gonna miss my beautiful 1990 California 3 (Mona Guzzi is her name), but had to trade her to get the new 1400.

The wife has a V7, we are becoming a Guzzi home as well as vintage Japanese. They just have so much style and that Guzzi mechanical charm.



Deb's Bike
[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bikes/2014MotoGuzziV7Special_zps1cb08812.jpg.html]

And hope to have this one Friday, like a kid I can't wait.

[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/Our%20Vintage%20Bikes/110912-2013-moto-guzzi-california-1400-4_zpsdx00finr.jpg.html]
 
Curt let me know what time you plan on picking it up. if I'm free I will run up and visit.
 
Back
Top