Moto GP - Indianapolis

dUh!

Running like a top
Thread starter
Is anyone planning to attend the Moto Gp this year in Indianapolis?

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/redbullindianapolisgp/

I just picked up my tickets for the 3 days, but not sure if I will get the ticket to ride the course "under controlled speed" as it says.

A lot of hooligan'n and bike events go on around here that weekend.

If anyone comes into town, I will be around...
 
My brother and I will be there all three days as well. We won't be on bikes, unfortunately.
 
The track ride at Daytona was a big letdown. I was eexpecting a "lap," but was actually about 5 mph in parade formation with paddle-footing cruiser riders.
 
Son and I just ordered tickets for the race tonight. We will be in section over by turns 14 15 16 (maybe section J?) under cover, and parking in lot 2. Never been there before so not really sure how to get there, get in, or get where I need to be lol



Edit..nope we are in section H which is just out of turn 16 and headed down main straight

Stand: H , Section: S01 , Row: Z , Seat(s): 1-2
 
But you're going to ride there, I hope. :)
 
Probably take my truck. We will have to leave very early to get there on time. Looks like the track opens at 7 and we live a couple hours from the track.
 
Thread starter
I have tickets for Friday Saturday and Sunday, live about 35 minutes away from the track. Anyone coming into town - I'll help out in anyway I can, just let me know what you need.
I'll drive by the track tomorrow. Not sure what parking lots are labeled what, but I can send you a PM as to what roads to take to get to the track.
 
Parking lot 2 looks like its on Georgetown road on the map on the Indy MotoGP website
 
CA 200 has suggested a member meet up at the vendor area Honda booth by the CB 1100 at 11:00 (as in CB 11) ;)

I'm in, he's in..anyone else dUh? DAC?

Question can you buy a hot dog there? LOL
 
Thread starter
SoutWest Vista has to be where all the "cool kids" are sitting!

Yeah I can do a Honda vendor meet.
 
say just checked the schedule for Sun. and the Moto 3 race starts at 11 so if everyone shows up at 10:30 - 11: we should have time to meet and still see the race
 
dUh they keep all the cheese heads down at that end of the track in case we would sneak in a Limbuger cheese sandwich - Ya gota be down wind
 
Thread starter
Some of the events going on around town this weekend

Bonnier LLC

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/redbullindianapolisgp/eventinfo/35568-around-the-city/

Bikes on Meridian event is done every year during MotoGP weekend, Friday and Saturday nights starting around 7pm. Literally, they close down large section of downtown Indianapolis. Only way to get in, walk or ride, no cars allowed. It's really an unbelievable bike show - just bikes for city blocks. I have pictures from last year if anyone is interested in a sample, I'll post a few.
 
Back
Top