Motegi MotoGP *** possible spoiler alert***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
This weekend.

Candy Man M&M can clinch...would be back to back Championships for the 21 year old. ( unlikely that he will this race though)

Fight now is likely for 2 nd place with 3 races to go, and that might get interesting:thumbsup:

Only time I have found it showing on FS-1 is at Midnight Saturday night/ Sunday morning channel 219
 
Thread starter
I think they may have learned their lesson :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
I read that he did a monster stoppie. They use the large carbon discs at Motegi, mandated by the safety committee. Guess Dani was not used to them

My goodness after watching the vid on youtube he doesnt even let off, just lets her fall and peels into a turn. How good are these guys? Amazing.
 
Thread starter
9:35 Fri FP 3 right now

1MARQUEZ M.Repsol Honda Team1:44.940
2DOVIZIOSO A.Ducati Team+0.200
3LORENZO J.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+0.423
4BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+0.697
5ESPARGARO P.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.720
6PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+0.787
7ROSSI V.Movistar Yamaha MotoGP+0.857
8CRUTCHLOW C.Ducati Team+1.054
9SMITH B.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.165
10IANNONE A.Pramac Racing+1.167
 
Interesting grid for tomorrow morning. Dovi on the first pole for Ducati since a number of years, Rossi in second and Dani closing out the front row. Marquez, Lorenzo and Iannone then on second row.

I could certainly go for another win from the old man tomorrow!

And, I am excited to see Luthi on the front row for the Moto2. About time he gets back on the podium.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Interesting grid for tomorrow morning. Dovi on the first pole for Ducati since a number of years, Rossi in second and Dani closing out the front row. Marquez, Lorenzo and Iannone then on second row.

I could certainly go for another win from the old man tomorrow!

And, I am excited to see Luthi on the front row for the Moto2. About time he gets back on the podium.
Yes!

Delighted also that Dovizioso has brought the Ducati this far but we'll see if he can maintain a good race pace.
 
Thread starter
note..tomorrow's race is actually at 1 am, at midnight they will be showing the Aragon rain race.
 
Did anybody watch the races? I am travelling for business and have had no way to watch any of it, and have only seen the results so far.
 
Thread starter
Yes I stayed up to watch. Do you have it recorded? I may add spoiler alert to this thread title just in case someone wants to discuss,
 
I'll probably get a download when I am back home. Sounds like it was pretty good though, but I really want to see the Moto2 race as you can imagine.
 
Henrik, Tom Luthi put on a great show in Moto2.

That bump between Lorenzo and Marquez at the start of MotoGP made life difficult for Marc who dropped to 7th, but the day ended well for the top 3.
 
I really like Luthi, and am a bit disappointed how he has been doing in Moto2. Too many injuries over the years.

But he partly owes his 125 championship to me! I was in Sepang for the race the year he won the title, which was just after Japan. Having lunch with the FIM race director, we discussed the accident Luthi had at Motegi, and how the race got black flagged as a result of it. Since it was black flagged, Luthi actually was awarded the victory, and the points to go with it. Claude, the director, was saying that they needed to change the rules so that if a rider caused a black flag, he would be excluded from the points, and he was thinking of having this done retroactively.

My wife and I really gave him a hard time, and finally he agreed that they would submit a rule change for the next year. So, Luthi got to keep his points, and in the end he got his championship.

Now I know they would never have done this rule change retroactively, but I still like to think that I contributed to Luthi's championship...
 
Back
Top