Most popular accessory and modifications

Just from discussion traffic on this site it seems to me at least : Replacing stock seat. Some type of wind screen with Road Comets and Dart Screens of various styles being right up there at the top. Changing silver side covers to red is popular. Exhaust slip ons and then exhaust mods ( headers and all) seem to get a lot of traction. Once the Oem tires wear out most of us seem to move to another style/brand. Rear Racks come up a lot in discussion here. As does luggage and tank bags. Performance mods seem to make up less of the traffic here but include ECU reflash/air box mod/serious suspension changes etc.
 
Add highway pegs to the list of mods. Gaiters also come to mind. I like the Street Scene EX in warm weather and PS2 screen for cool weather.
 
I'm awaiting delivery of my first two aftermarket items: an Alaska Leather Sheepskin Buttpad (size Medium, with front strap) and a Road Gear Jumbo Sport Tail Bag (they're having a 59% off going-out-of-business sale, btw...look online for the promo code).
Sheepskin Buttpads®
http://roadgear.com/jumbo-sport-tail-p-73.html

The SW-Motech engine guards have my eye, just as a mount point for aux lights and/or highway pegs.

Next on my list is probably a windscreen; likely a National Cycle Plexistar 2, but I'm looking around for higher-quality hardware for the fork mounting points (my baby deserves better than adjustable metal hose clamps, at least until proven otherwise).

All the decent-sized saddlebag solutions appear to require moving the rear turn signals back toward the tail light / license plate bracket, and I've had trouble gleaning the cleanest / lowest cost / preferred path for that. In the meantime I'm leaning toward piling things atop the rear seat (hence the tail bag above) and maybe adding a Kijima rear rack. Top boxes are fugly but all my friends that have them swear by them.

Enjoy the customization process; it will be a process with this bike.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Just from discussion traffic on this site it seems to me at least : Replacing stock seat. Some type of wind screen with Road Comets and Dart Screens of various styles being right up there at the top. Changing silver side covers to red is popular. Exhaust slip ons and then exhaust mods ( headers and all) seem to get a lot of traction. Once the Oem tires wear out most of us seem to move to another style/brand. Rear Racks come up a lot in discussion here. As does luggage and tank bags. Performance mods seem to make up less of the traffic here but include ECU reflash/air box mod/serious suspension changes etc.
Thanks for all the responses!
Where do folks get most of their accessories? Is there a great price on the Honda accessories somewhere?
 
LOTS of stuff we get from samurider.com or japan.webike.net Both are reputable, but Mr. T of Samurider speakes English and has awesome customer service. He is also a forum sponser.

Accessories for this bike tend to be on the expensive side. Or at least not cheap side. Except for RLETs which are about 3 bucks each at the dealer :D
 
feralchimp_imp said:
I'm awaiting delivery of my first two aftermarket items: an Alaska Leather Sheepskin Buttpad (size Medium, with front strap) and a Road Gear Jumbo Sport Tail Bag (they're having a 59% off going-out-of-business sale, btw...look online for the promo code).
Sheepskin Buttpads®
http://roadgear.com/jumbo-sport-tail-p-73.html

The SW-Motech engine guards have my eye, just as a mount point for aux lights and/or highway pegs.

Next on my list is probably a windscreen; likely a National Cycle Plexistar 2, but I'm looking around for higher-quality hardware for the fork mounting points (my baby deserves better than adjustable metal hose clamps, at least until proven otherwise).

All the decent-sized saddlebag solutions appear to require moving the rear turn signals back toward the tail light / license plate bracket, and I've had trouble gleaning the cleanest / lowest cost / preferred path for that. In the meantime I'm leaning toward piling things atop the rear seat (hence the tail bag above) and maybe adding a Kijima rear rack. Top boxes are fugly but all my friends that have them swear by them.

Enjoy the customization process; it will be a process with this bike.
Indeed, the SW engine guards are easy to install and work well for mounting hiway pegs. Just finished a 5500 mile trip and while I didn't use the pegs for long periods of time, it was a great relief to have the extra position to mix it up a bit. I'd say less then 5% of the time I used the pegs, but they made the other 95% much more enjoyable.
 
For me it's saddle bags and a windscreen in the
first place besides other stuff such as forkgaiters and
engine guards. Bought everything in common
accessoires shops for not too much money.

Wisedrum
 
feralchimp_imp said:
I'm awaiting delivery of my first two aftermarket items: an Alaska Leather Sheepskin Buttpad (size Medium, with front strap) and a Road Gear Jumbo Sport Tail Bag (they're having a 59% off going-out-of-business sale, btw...look online for the promo code).
Sheepskin Buttpads®
http://roadgear.com/jumbo-sport-tail-p-73.html

The SW-Motech engine guards have my eye, just as a mount point for aux lights and/or highway pegs.

Next on my list is probably a windscreen; likely a National Cycle Plexistar 2, but I'm looking around for higher-quality hardware for the fork mounting points (my baby deserves better than adjustable metal hose clamps, at least until proven otherwise).

All the decent-sized saddlebag solutions appear to require moving the rear turn signals back toward the tail light / license plate bracket, and I've had trouble gleaning the cleanest / lowest cost / preferred path for that. In the meantime I'm leaning toward piling things atop the rear seat (hence the tail bag above) and maybe adding a Kijima rear rack. Top boxes are fugly but all my friends that have them swear by them.

Enjoy the customization process; it will be a process with this bike.
The NC PS2 is a stout windshield set up. Properly positioned, it knocks practically all the air off me. The "hose clamps" of which you speak are very sturdy. Most of the support comes from the handlebar mount set up.
 
White Dog_imp said:
feralchimp_imp said:
I'm awaiting delivery of my first two aftermarket items: an Alaska Leather Sheepskin Buttpad (size Medium, with front strap) and a Road Gear Jumbo Sport Tail Bag (they're having a 59% off going-out-of-business sale, btw...look online for the promo code).
Sheepskin Buttpads®
http://roadgear.com/jumbo-sport-tail-p-73.html

The SW-Motech engine guards have my eye, just as a mount point for aux lights and/or highway pegs.

Next on my list is probably a windscreen; likely a National Cycle Plexistar 2, but I'm looking around for higher-quality hardware for the fork mounting points (my baby deserves better than adjustable metal hose clamps, at least until proven otherwise).

All the decent-sized saddlebag solutions appear to require moving the rear turn signals back toward the tail light / license plate bracket, and I've had trouble gleaning the cleanest / lowest cost / preferred path for that. In the meantime I'm leaning toward piling things atop the rear seat (hence the tail bag above) and maybe adding a Kijima rear rack. Top boxes are fugly but all my friends that have them swear by them.

Enjoy the customization process; it will be a process with this bike.
The NC PS2 is a stout windshield set up. Properly positioned, it knocks practically all the air off me. The "hose clamps" of which you speak are very sturdy. Most of the support comes from the handlebar mount set up.
Glad to hear it; wind blast is currently the biggest obstacle between my CB and its intended "mission": miles in comfort at 60+.
 
The fork clamps supplied with the Plexi 2 are more than enough for the job. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th Plexi 2 (multiple bikes over the years) and I think the weakest point is probably the plastic doodads that clamp around the lower rods at the fork. They tend to weather and crack after 5 or six years and are easily replaceable.

I really like the Plexi 2's coverage for winter riding and long road trips. It's a bit too much for summer riding here in the desert, so I swap it out for a small NC Deflector DX using the same mounting hardware. Takes about 2 min. to switch them.

b2531d83871dc2ed8e6f4dc16bb3f235.jpeg


BTW, I see by your sig. that we also have similar tastes in aircraft :thumbsup:

97a37eb8d68914911bbbf9198784da25.jpg


Mine's a '68 "D" model.
 
Back
Top