Moriwaki stainless duals

VTR1000F_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Installed them today!

It would be nice to have instructions with such a nice and expensive product but after some time, I figured everything out. Sound is deep and idle rumbling is perfect. Did not have time to make a longer test drive today.

ACK, I know you had titanium version on your golden CB. I did not figured what is the purpose of maybe 4 inch long spring, with hook on one end and loop on other end? Please help if you read this.

Few pics:

66891e9430e75d3520d59445a4d8f478.jpg


6509c6be3288eb46b2ccba61cda712f5.jpg

8084ed6ff8784b0e7fb1759b78e96f17.jpg

9ad07e1d3f063eff73212ff504f2fd98.jpg




now..gaiters and seat...
 
I love the looks of the duals and would probably envy the sound of your system, but I would never want to give up the centre stand for the sake of a new exhaust.

In the Moriwaki photos I saw for the CB1100, there were springs under the connections where the mufflers attach to the collector pipe and where the headers attach to the collector pipe. The connections all seemed to be slip-fit with the springs maintaining the tension. The muffler-to-collector pipe connection seemed to use the longer springs, but it could just be a bad photo.

Did your kit come with worm-gear band clamps instead?

What other mods did you do in addition to the exhaust?
(i.e.: PCV, ECU Reflash, PAIR Valve By-Pass...)
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Nice. And they don't hold back on plate size in the Czech Republic do they.

Chip
I would imagine that license plate would cost a couple of miles per gallon.....
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
Installed them today!

It would be nice to have instructions with such a nice and expensive product but after some time, I figured everything out. Sound is deep and idle rumbling is perfect. Did not have time to make a longer test drive today.

ACK, I know you had titanium version on your golden CB. I did not figured what is the purpose of maybe 4 inch long spring, with hook on one end and loop on other end? Please help if you read this.

Few pics:

66891e9430e75d3520d59445a4d8f478.jpg


6509c6be3288eb46b2ccba61cda712f5.jpg

8084ed6ff8784b0e7fb1759b78e96f17.jpg

9ad07e1d3f063eff73212ff504f2fd98.jpg




now..gaiters and seat...
VTR, looks great. I think the Moriwaki duals are the best looking, I love the length of the mufflers.

That 4" thing is a spring tool for the install.
 
Thread starter
Yes, getting rid of the main stand was a tough decision. The kit includes a Moriwaki kick stand which is a tad shorter then stock stand. The slip joints ae really tight and in the kit is a tube with liquid sealand included. I planned a 300 mile round trip this weekend so I will get back with my observations.

And yes, the number plate is huge, I believe it is an European Union norm...but in times of my youth we had even bigger plates, maybe 1 inch wider...:-/
Gumby, my bike is equipped with PCV since last week, aalong with PCV install I disabled a PAIR valve. I plan a dyno session in next few weeks to put everything in perfect order..
 
Nice work VTR1000F!
 
Thread starter
I sacrified my lunch time for a short ride. Wow. The low speed and idle deep rumble is fantastic. I also think that the bike feels stronger, I´m curious what the dyno session will reveal. I do not regret spending on these Moriwakis.
 
I loved the sound. They have a little cat in each Y pipe, keeps things mellow.
Down low you can here the dual sound then around 3500 they start to sing together much like a 4 into 1 sound.
A great sounding set-up.

Everyone has such clean bikes.
 
That..is a serious tank bag! Lol
 
Thread starter
Hey, I´m not so demanding, I can do a weekend with few sets of clean underwear and T-shirts and flip flops! The weather here is excellent:-)
BTW. I believe that chromed side covers would blend in nicely, what you think?
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
Hey, I´m not so demanding, I can do a weekend with few sets of clean underwear and T-shirts and flip flops! The weather here is excellent:-)
BTW. I believe that chromed side covers would blend in nicely, what you think?
Great that you can get away with so little gear. Are you single? LOL

Try the black plastic dip side panels first! If you don't like them, then try the chrome. If your bike was dark...black, blue, red, the chrome covers would look better.
 
Back
Top