Moriwaki Oil Filler Cap

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I am not big on making modifications to my bike as I feel Honda got it right pretty much for everything from the beginning. The only thing I have done up until now is to put on a Road Comet.

Last week I had the privilege of attending the Suzuka 8 Hours with the Moriwaki team, which was simply an unbelievable experience. I figured I had to come back with a little something for my bike, and got this nice titanium oil filler cap:

52d13d45ded37d04ec0dd4e0081d34f8.jpg
 
peterbaron, start buying eyeliner for the CB. That should distract her.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron, start buying eyeliner for the CB. That should distract her.
That's like when my wife catches me on the internet - I tell her I'm looking at porn, definitely not motorcycle/car/gun parts:angel:
 
glenncal1_imp said:
That cap has got to be good for an extra 5hp.
...i was told it ranges from 4-8 HP more, depending of fuel OR is being used :rofl:..and if you torque it +1.3 HP more :rofl::rofl:
 
Henrik_imp said:
I am not big on making modifications to my bike as I feel Honda got it right pretty much for everything from the beginning. The only thing I have done up until now is to put on a Road Comet.

Last week I had the privilege of attending the Suzuka 8 Hours with the Moriwaki team, which was simply an unbelievable experience. I figured I had to come back with a little something for my bike, and got this nice titanium oil filler cap:

52d13d45ded37d04ec0dd4e0081d34f8.jpg
That is a nice cap.
 
Wow! Looks very nice. My precioussss... I'd be too afraid to let a mechanic get to it with a wrench or just dirty fingers. Would attach a tag, just for clear comm's sake:

1. if you scratch it, you'll die
2. wash your hands
3. soak fingers in baby oil for three minutes
4. now turn, but very gently
5. if you've scratched it, you're dead

:D
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
These also help keep the "easy fingers" out of the oil sump when the CB is alone.
Is that a problem in Canada?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
These also help keep the "easy fingers" out of the oil sump when the CB is alone.
Is that a problem in Canada?
Is that a problem in Canada?
Not recently during my watch. However, learning early, my RD400 cap-dipstick was stolen. I then wondered "what else" was done, but nothing was detected.

Less related, the most inconvenient things I have seen first hand have been:

* Slashed seats.
* Broken mirrors.

Both were in suburban shopping mall locations where motorcycles gather and "park in solidarity".
 
Back
Top