Moriwaki CB1100 Cafe Racer

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I am currently on my annual trip to Japan, and I had the privilege to get invited to the Moriwaki factory. It was an amazing visit, and the high point was in the end when because I had told them I ride a CB1100 they brought out their incredible Cafe Racer. This is a very unique bike, and the details are stunning!!! I wish I could get that handmade aluminium tank!!

25675fb84050c6a433b825cf6430052d.jpg


4b537f33449468e08c7ab7d3267f1089.jpg


Here is a shot of another unique bike, a one-off joint racing effort between Yoshimura and Moriwaki:

4fde4414d351b721b0c37b7b3c3e8a1c.jpg


What can I say?

4dc603a800945b18b913c0f14fdbe431.jpg
 
Thread starter
Yeah, they wouldn't let me ride the Cafe Racer, no matter how much I begged!! I did however get to listen to a Moriwaki exhaust on a standard CB1100. Wish I could bring one back with me...
 
Agree with you Bheezy. There's a lot's to love about this bike: the tank, rear-sets, triple clamps, air filter housing, ... . The list of custom bits is long bit that single seat / duck tail is a disaster, looks like someone has gone over backwards from a wheelie gone wrong. If you're gonna cut the rear sub-frame, like they have, why not craft the tail to give a more 'horizontal' appearance to blend in with the magnificent tank? Otherwise it's an absolute work of art.
 
The only explanation is, when sat on the seat will 'sink' so the seat line will look horizontal. Never seen this anywhere else, though. Having said that, that is perhaps the only thing that can be sid about this magnificently crafted bike... The round hydraulic fluid cups are also a nice touch.
 
The "pee cups" should be brushed aluminum to match the cowl and tank. Such a well thought out bike except for a couple glaring mistakes. All that being said...it would have a spot in my garage, screwed up seat and all.
 
Thread starter
The details are quite stunning up close, with the tank being the masterpiece. It is three CNC machined aluminium pieces that have been welded together to form a tank. Also, the fluid cups are more in line with their racing heritage.
 
Tank is flat gorgeous, reminiscent of a 49 Norton Manx
 
It’s stunning. Except ... that seat.
 
Currently equipped with moriwaki RC 4 silencer.
I am waiting for moriwaki to sell fuel tanks.

When replacing the fuel tank, there is no tank interference even if the clip type handle is installed.

If you sell seats and tanks, you can create a perfect cafe racer.
 
Back
Top