More Red?

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This is getting ridiculous. :s

My latest accessory - Honda’s RED fork adjustment bolts:

42067002ec0d59b12a04424f6c160ef4.jpg


Which coincidently matches the RED U-Kanaya levers:

6540f3f6106b744e93994df3d0053ee5.jpg


So now the bike has a RED tank, RED side covers, RED air cleaner covers, RED fairing, RED seat piping, RED oil filler cap, RED levers, RED fork bolts.

So where can I get RED tires? :D
 
May as well dip your whole bike in red fingernail polish. :D

I'd suggest a twelve step program too, but I don't think you're on the wrong track. :angel:
 
$ 187 for a pair of fork colored adjustment bolts..... Jeezalou
 
In reality, you can convert USD to EUR 1:1 - for whatever you like to buy. I also know that from my second :D hobby photography. If a camera or a lens is priced 500 USD, the price in Germany is simply 500 EUR. :(
So if the fork bolts would be available in the U.S., I guess they would cost roughly 140 USD - which sounds much better, does it not? :P
 
My Red Comet fairing and side covers just shipped today from Samurider....I'm right behind you!
And I have a red MTB bike
And a red Road Bike.
All by coincidence, each model only came in that one red color, like the US CB1100
 
Thread starter
Double OMG! My tounge in cheek backfired! I never imagined there were colored tires! Yikes!

dBuster - Thanks for sharing. I know I started it, but I think I'm going to have nightmares featuring green, orange and red tires!

The red fork bolts and replacement gaskets were $110 from Takashi. I ordered Saturday, Takashi shipped Tuesday and I got them Thursday. The bolts are under pressure and want to pop-off when they clear the last thread. Install of the new ones require you to push down with some force and several tries to catch the threads.

Hiker - you're going to love the red comet and side covers - well worth the wait to have them made.

One last thing. Takashi mentioned he'll soon be riding a CB1100 for the first time. If you are communicating with him, ask him about it. Takashi has to have a favorable predisposition for the CB. He's made a small fortune on it from us.
 
What about the red chain? If you look at the Google pictures there is a colored chain!

What about red spark plug wires? Or red stainless braided brake lines?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.4
 
After I saw the red bike here, I decided to go for all-black with my bike, too. Therefore, I managed today to have all my 4 cylinder heads in black now.
Tomorrow I will mount some ... black brake wires.
Let`s wait and see wether I can get some black engine oil instead of the regular pee-yellowish one.
:D
 
Thread starter
ingobohn_imp said:
After I saw the red bike here, I decided to go for all-black with my bike, too. Therefore, I managed today to have all my 4 cylinder heads in black now.
Tomorrow I will mount some ... black brake wires.
Let`s wait and see wether I can get some black engine oil instead of the regular pee-yellowish one.
:D
Ingobohn, if I hadn't gone down the red path I'd have done, as they say in the Japanese catalog, "Black Style". Nice!

You do know you are now obligated to send us before and after pictures, right? :celebrate:
 
Still get a kick out of your thermometer. I have the same one in the same place (well, where else would you put it?)
 
Rboe_imp said:
Still get a kick out of your thermometer. I have the same one in the same place (well, where else would you put it?)
How much are those thermometers affected by being in the sun? Do the bars cause a warmer reading being metal and all?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Quote:In reality, you can convert USD to EUR 1:1
Let me see, I send you a $100 US, and you send me 100 EU? Did I read that right?
 
Thread starter
dBuster_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Still get a kick out of your thermometer. I have the same one in the same place (well, where else would you put it?)
How much are those thermometers affected by being in the sun? Do the bars cause a warmer reading being metal and all?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
How much are those thermometers affected by being in the sun? Do the bars cause a warmer reading being metal and all?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
This "clocksforbikes.com" thermometer seems to run about 2 degrees high. I'm not sure if the sun has an impact but I have noticed the dial goes up when the bike is parked after a ride. The heat off the engine does have an impact.
 
meowguy_imp said:
Quote:In reality, you can convert USD to EUR 1:1
Let me see, I send you a $100 US, and you send me 100 EU? Did I read that right?
Let me see, I send you a $100 US, and you send me 100 EU? Did I read that right? Close to... :D
 
Sun affects it a lot. Once underway it seems OK. Dial is so small that I'm looking for a "ballpark" reading anyway.
 
Back
Top