More images from the Houtman Collection

The CB 1100 R was never imported into the USA bought a few came in privately , I bought this bike from the publicity manager of Clint Eastwood . Bike was in CA and at that time I lived in Upstate NY. The CB 1100 R was very successfully raced in the early eighties by Ron Haslam in the UK. The other two bikes are a 1985 and 1986 VF 1000R , I am sitting on the 1986 model. Very strong and fast bikes but the 16 inch front wheel was a letdown till better tires came along , I used the Metzeler Competion K tire on the front of the bikes , not easy to get but they made the handling much better.
Thanks again to my friend Cormanus for posting these pictures , hopefully tomorrow I will try to send some pictures of CBX's I owned.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Beautiful bikes! I loved Haslam's "pork chop" sideburns.
We were living in England from 1977 till 1985 and nearly every weekend I went to see road racing at one of the many circuits in the UK . I saw Ron Haslam win so many races on the CB 1100 that for some people it became boring and Honda got some flak over this great bike. Ron later had a road race school and now very much involved in his son Leon's race career. Ron is a very down to earth guy , fans loved him.
 
I was born in 1950 in Holland , worked for a large animal feed company . In 1977 they asked me to work in the UK and in 1985 they "send " me to the USA .
 
Great collection and story Houtman
66b162b8041470b5964d9e27a4abc1d0.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top