More Changes

Ron in MO_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Moving along with my personalization efforts. Changed out my front sprocket to a 19T cog, added a chrome chain guard and installed the silver plastic sprocket cover that I got from Samurider.

My Corbin seat also showed up early, so I mounted it too. Boy is it comfortable, but it sits a little lower than my stock one, so I may be looking at riser extensions now. In the picture you can see that I also got the front turn signals installed when I was installing my heated grips. Everything is coming together well.

Next project is to install a four into two exhaust system. I have the stock headers from a 2014 DLX model (thanks, Motogeezer!) and a set of OVER Racing slip on mufflers. I also had to purchase about $300 of Honda mounting parts to install everything, but I'll do a separate write up on how the exhaust conversion went and any challenges I ran into.

This is almost as much fun as riding it!

 
Ron in MO_imp said:
Moving along with my personalization efforts. Changed out my front sprocket to a 19T cog, added a chrome chain guard and installed the silver plastic sprocket cover that I got from Samurider.

My Corbin seat also showed up early, so I mounted it too. Boy is it comfortable, but it sits a little lower than my stock one, so I may be looking at riser extensions now. In the picture you can see that I also got the front turn signals installed when I was installing my heated grips. Everything is coming together well.

Next project is to install a four into two exhaust system. I have the stock headers from a 2014 DLX model (thanks, Motogeezer!) and a set of OVER Racing slip on mufflers. I also had to purchase about $300 of Honda mounting parts to install everything, but I'll do a separate write up on how the exhaust conversion went and any challenges I ran into.

This is almost as much fun as riding it!



Ron, please measure your corbin and original seat the same way on the center stand and post the actual distance from the ground. I'd be interested in how much lower the corbin is.

I would love a 1"-3" lowering from the supposed 31.3" spec. Both my CB450 & CB750NH had a seat height of 31.0", but the CB seems way taller. I may just be shrinking as part of Perma-Grey.
 
I would have to agree with Ron in MO that accessorizing is almost as much fun as riding
 
You know, a black and white checker board stripe along the lower waist of the tank would look cool.
 
Yup. Dog leg goes, replaced by checker board. :D
2016 showed the checker board? Wow, I didn't know. I've seen it on a local classic BMW that had been cafe'd a bit. Down the center of the tank, looks very nice.
 
Thread starter
OK, "rbike". I finished up with my Christmas honey do's and got those measurements for you. Surprised to see that both saddles are the same height of 31.5" at the center of the drivers position. The Corbin does slope back into a small backrest, so I guess this is why the handlebars seem further away from me. I plan on picking up some Genmar riser extensions to bike the bars up another inch. Sorry it doesn't solve your issue!

I'm presently working on converting my original four into one exhaust system to a four into two system with Over Racing slip on mufflers. Pictures and costs to follow soon.
PS - Here is a picture of the 2016 CB1100 concept model that Honda has on the bike show circuit. Not sure I'm a fan of the checkerboard striping.

 
Looks pretty good. But I would not consider that the final product (the checker board detail - needs more work). Thanks for posting that, and not seen it.

I do like what is happening on the side cover though. Interesting.
 
Back
Top