More bad news medically

Mickey, knee pain is ugly and recovery long... wish you all the best, good doctor and PT to look after you. Today we have gorgeous weather, and it would be my first day to ride....but for the same reason, I cannot ride yet...let's keep our fingers crossed for fast and solid heeling, never give up, ever :thumbsup: :)
 
Hope the doc can provide relief, Ferret.
 
dsan1964_imp said:
Hope for the best maybe a cadaver meniscus? Get it done then get back on. !!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, a Frankenstein Ferret!

Best wishes Mickey!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
Hope for the best maybe a cadaver meniscus? Get it done then get back on. !!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man, a Frankenstein Ferret!

Best wishes Mickey!
Oh man, a Frankenstein Ferret!

Best wishes Mickey!

Low mileage of course!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Lol cadaver menicus? Good night!
 
Sorry to hear that Mickey! Hopefully, you can be back in the saddle by the time the rally rolls around in Sept.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Mickey
So sorry you’re having knee issues.
Hope you can get in to see your doctor first thing tomorrow for script for pain relief. I had left meniscus removed in 77 with a open incision and right knee with arthroscopic in 84 and arthroscopic has a much faster recovery and less residual surgical pain
Hope to see you in WVA in Sept
 
Bummer, ferret. I agree with LongRanger, if the repairs can be done arthroscopically, the recovery time might not be too long. I had knee surgery for a torn ACL and torn meniscus. The meniscus wasn't the problem for recovery: it was the section of my patella tendon that they took as donor ligament. That took a lot of rehab and time. To this day my patella tendon is tender and never quite feels right.
 
Sorry to hear about this, Ferret. Hope you get on top of it and get back to your love of riding. I'll keep you in my prayers, man.
 
Mickey, Sorry to hear your knees are giving you pain. Dad had a zipper on one knee from football, but then knee surgery back then was not what it is now. I have had back surgery, so I know about pain that can keep one from sleeping and doing the things one wants to do. Major surgery and the rehab after is no picnic, but if it gives back quality of life... My best wishes for the best result in whatever course of treatment you decide to take.
 
I had a right knee replacement 13 months ago and it went well. I researched surgeons to get one with lots of experience, ended up with Dr. Zeegen at UCLA Med Center.
They all tell you that you can walk right away, that's true - with a walker. But it took me about 1 year to get to 90% of where I was 5 years ago, before the arthritis started. I was able to ride the bike, actually move it around in the garage, hold it up OK at stops, etc. after about 3 months.
I had a complication of "surgery induced" gout, never had gout before. It was more painful than the recovery from surgery, and it prevented me from doing the post op physical therapy.
But now all is well and I am "looking forward" to getting the other knee done soon.
Beware of promises from the surgeons, get at least one "second opinion" and research online the doctor, the device to be used, and blogs or whatever for information about the surgeon and the procedure to be used.
 
emullick_imp said:
I had a right knee replacement 13 months ago and it went well. I researched surgeons to get one with lots of experience, ended up with Dr. Zeegen at UCLA Med Center.
They all tell you that you can walk right away, that's true - with a walker. But it took me about 1 year to get to 90% of where I was 5 years ago, before the arthritis started. I was able to ride the bike, actually move it around in the garage, hold it up OK at stops, etc. after about 3 months.
I had a complication of "surgery induced" gout, never had gout before. It was more painful than the recovery from surgery, and it prevented me from doing the post op physical therapy.
But now all is well and I am "looking forward" to getting the other knee done soon.
Beware of promises from the surgeons, get at least one "second opinion" and research online the doctor, the device to be used, and blogs or whatever for information about the surgeon and the procedure to be used.
Gout...I've heard of it but didn't reall know what it was...sounds nasty:

"Gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that develops in some people who have high levels of uric acid in the blood. The acid can form needle-like crystals in a joint and cause sudden, severe episodes of pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling."
 
Gout is horrible.
 
Mickey, so sorry to hear about your latest knee problems. I wish you a very successful repair, and a very speedy recovery. There's only about 4 months until the rally, and we're all counting on seeing you there!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have been functioning with torn meniscus in both knees for about a year now. Went it first happened, I refused surgery and went with cortisone shots instead, which made them feel normal again. Friday afternoon, the right one let go again. So painful. Can't walk, can't sleep. Every time I get up or down out of a chair it feels like a bear trap snapped on my knee. On a scale of 1-10 just sitting around is about a 6 or 7. If i try and get up, or roll over in bed, it shoots straight to an 11.

Monday I will call the ortho doc and discuss options, but as of now doesn't look like I will be riding for awhile.
Dude! You're a wreck and a mess! Get this fixed up!!

Also, I saw a early 2000s Buick sedan with a "#Ferret" window cling.
One more comment/observation: You would never have received as much first-hand advice on arthritis and joint surgery if you moderated, say, a CBR1000r forum. Just sayin. ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yea, baseball, football, basketball, cross country running, motorcycle riding and racing have not been good for a lot of my joints lol.

I wonder if nerds have these issues? Lol
Dude....You're a mod on an internet forum. There is no higher form of nerd!
(I can only say that because I've been mod and admin on many forums)

Sorry to hear of this Ferret, I hope the doc can help you forestall surgery for a bit. I think I'm approaching hip replacement but I'm hoping to hold off a few more years.
 
pdedse_imp said:
emullick_imp said:
I had a right knee replacement 13 months ago and it went well. I researched surgeons to get one with lots of experience, ended up with Dr. Zeegen at UCLA Med Center.
They all tell you that you can walk right away, that's true - with a walker. But it took me about 1 year to get to 90% of where I was 5 years ago, before the arthritis started. I was able to ride the bike, actually move it around in the garage, hold it up OK at stops, etc. after about 3 months.
I had a complication of "surgery induced" gout, never had gout before. It was more painful than the recovery from surgery, and it prevented me from doing the post op physical therapy.
But now all is well and I am "looking forward" to getting the other knee done soon.
Beware of promises from the surgeons, get at least one "second opinion" and research online the doctor, the device to be used, and blogs or whatever for information about the surgeon and the procedure to be used.
Gout...I've heard of it but didn't reall know what it was...sounds nasty:

"Gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that develops in some people who have high levels of uric acid in the blood. The acid can form needle-like crystals in a joint and cause sudden, severe episodes of pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling."
Gout...I've heard of it but didn't reall know what it was...sounds nasty:

"Gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that develops in some people who have high levels of uric acid in the blood. The acid can form needle-like crystals in a joint and cause sudden, severe episodes of pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling."
often : Purin is the precursor to uric acid....and if you eat to much food with a lot purine (mainly meat products) : gout
 
Back
Top