Monkey Monkey

You’d have been right at home in the ‘60s, Stichill.


Or this rendition,

And then this classic,
 
That's...excellent! :thumbsup:

I'm all in on the '20s, '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s up to about 1965, '70s after about 1976, '80s, and '90s. Post-'90s with qualifications and caveats.

It would be fine with me to delete the most of the popular classic rock catalog from 1966 to 1976. Other than the Kinks, Beach Boys, Carpenters, Burt Bacharach songs, the Bubblegum genre, Carolina Beach/Shag/Strand music, Fleetwood Mac (Buckingham-written) and Motown...there's precious little of interest to me during this period.

I don't think much of so-called classic rock is musical, engaging, or interesting and I'm sick of hearing it ad nauseum on the radio, restaurants, and in every other ubiquitous social or public situation. It's bad...really bad. In 100 years they will marvel at its popularity despite its awfulness. To say it's overrated would be to understate the degree to which it is overrated by an order of magnitude. There's just an enormous hoard for whom it is familiar and nostalgic, and nothing more, and that continues to propel its endless shelf life.
 
The top pic is the rear and the bottom pic is the front. That's pretty good wear. Here's my rear after only 200 miles:

9c88ef305e9aa91c59cc34c3f4b9cd45.jpg
 
Thread starter
total offroad ...mud ,deep sand, gravel, too all this by night

1000mil from tijuana to la paz ......



 
Thread starter
well

everyone has their own view

i like both versions........ but only the second seems not to be drivable with my body size
 
Around here the Monkey hasn’t been selling well. Got a call from my friend Tom. I’ve been buying bikes from him since 1977. “Got four 2019’s, and the 2020’s are on their way... make me an offer”. Needless to say; I bought a Red, 2019, and took it home last Tuesday. The grandkids are going gaga over it. I might change it up a bit... we’ll see.
 
Looking forward to seeing what you might do with a Monkey, Razor.
 
Just the other day I was researching how I could fit a grom or a monkey in my Honda Odyssey and take it to for example Death Valley to hlit the trails along with other friends who were trailering their own bikes. The van would be useful for camping / gear / sleeping etc and the lil bikes are plenty fun without being too dangerous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
LR: That's the way to do it.

Pretty sweet - really.

Just lift it in. Probably no more than a pinky finger's effort. Man.

- - -

I wish Honda brought back some sort of "Element II".
 
As do I, but this time with something north of 140 hp.

The Monkey comes in at about 230 lbs., so loading it into the Element is not quite like lifting a pinky, but it's not hernia-inducing either. Two reasonably strong dudes can lift and load it easily.
 
Back
Top