Monkey-man

What happened? Last I read on another thread you backed out on the dealers mark up related to fees and documentation. Love the color scheme BTW.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus located the appropriate thread. The first two places I tried locally were demanding a king's ransom. Instead, I bought it from a dealer who charged only the $189 destination fee (as posted on the Honda website) and their arbitrary "documentation fee," which I was fine with. They're in Ft. Collins, CO, about 80 miles away.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Rode my first 20 miles yesterday, all on local 35 mph roads. It was 38 degrees and I was chilled, but at least the roads were dry. I need to have the ECU adjusted for altitude as the bike was unable to pull more than 38-40 mph on the straights (I weigh about 220 lbs, plus I'm at 8000' and it's very hilly around here). Fourth gear is only for downhills at this point, plus I consumed 1/3 of the fuel tank (about 1/2 gallon) to go 20 miles, so it's obviously running very rich. Fun little bike, though. The short wheelbase makes it a handful at speed. Mine has ABS on the front but the brakes are so weak, I can't imagine ever needing it. The rear brake is non-existent, almost like my BMWs (all in the name of safety, I suppose). Very slick gearbox, nice exhaust rumble, and reasonably comfortable for my tall frame. I think it'll be fun.
well dont know how good its pull at a height of 8000ft...my testride was only max 4300ft.....
and i dont know how much more it booze by only 38°.......
yes somehow is the 4gear only somehow a overdrive :D....until 50ml you have with the 3gear somehow power the 4 is for a "powerman" only good start minimum at 43ml...:D......but only for comfi roll i use start allready at 31ml. (never on a drag race) .:clap::biker:.. and is never a must for me to reach round this 50ml.....i like the torque for comfy slow cruising.........its a Funbike not defined by performance/power..........and so i needed self realy max 0.42gal/62ml in the summertime by my total 430ml on a monkey...or just a swallow more as honda says about the consumption (1.5l / 100km)

brakes yes are like old choppers, not that much :D...and my weight is round 60lbs fewer as yours of course does push not that much down (grip).....test stops made not until now..i remember only one time the rear blocked bcos i switched down too early....:angel:
and
some brakes sometimes need first any real moves until it bit real good.

topspeed video


if you do not lie down so you lost quick 6ml/h or more and if its windy...hmmm :P...:hello:...bcos its not only a 125ccm ah no , its a specal powerless 125ccm with only 9.6hp...







and if you like some offroad...but i guess better only for lightweight people specal with the stock suspension

 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm impressed how the little red simian fit perfectly into the back of a Honda Element. Tailgate up, strapped in, and ready to rock. Silly thing is so darn cute. Guess I'm attracted to retro-styled Honda motorcycles!

c9424dd3d76368ef580ea09277dc2a31.jpg


1c8e63c38da957705a4393bc2529a049.jpg


e03324070a326a438627464325b01db6.jpg
such a cute cool looking minibike, I like it :thumbsup:

A true Honda man as well I see, they dont sell that 'van' in Europe, what is it?
edit: Honda Element :)
 
dang, these cool dudes are equiped with IMU ABS

if it had underseat storage, it might be a successor for my Zoomer (Ruckus)...
 
Monkey will be really useful during the apocalypse. It may have issues out-running the walkers and Mad Maxes, but I 'spoze it is a useful get away in the forest. The CB will out-run everywhere else.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm impressed how the little red simian fit perfectly into the back of a Honda Element. Tailgate up, strapped in, and ready to rock. Silly thing is so darn cute. Guess I'm attracted to retro-styled Honda motorcycles!

c9424dd3d76368ef580ea09277dc2a31.jpg


1c8e63c38da957705a4393bc2529a049.jpg


e03324070a326a438627464325b01db6.jpg
Somebody needs to get this same photo but with a red CB250 Nighthawk in between them. S-M-L
 
Crap, yeah, the Yoshi sounds fantastic. But for the Monkey, I would choose being stealthy on approach with the stock. I could have benefits.
 
Went on a meet & greet with a Monkey owner, cute and cool minibikes indeed.
0aa1daca288c01b1795042dc1c64aebc.jpg
a7cd01d9dc619a82a8eb2694a5c9389e.jpg

b1144dcfb1f11c264b1462ef42c80ea7.jpg


Of course the owner wanted to sit on the Multi :)
aa5c324caf78d4b7ef5405fbdffe61c6.jpg
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Did the Ducati start?
of course, you buy a ducati for the sound and the engine, so it had to be started

The guy was amazed by the stock sound, not suprised since he is a Honda man :)
 
what I would change asap is of course the exhaust, the stock pipe is too civil for me :)
but certainly the crappy tires and the squishy suspension.

Unbelievable that Honda puts such a high price sticker on basically a souped up scoot, but fits it with crappy suspension.
Especially my 84kg can feel how bad they are.
I've replaced both front and rear on my 50cc Zoomer and never looked back.

With the suspension, tires and exhaust sorted, it should be a hoot in town.
But I'll be waitin till those things become available second hand....
 
Riko_imp said:
what I would change asap is of course the exhaust, the stock pipe is too civil for me :)
but certainly the crappy tires and the squishy suspension.

Unbelievable that Honda puts such a high price sticker on basically a souped up scoot, but fits it with crappy suspension.
Especially my 84kg can feel how bad they are.
I've replaced both front and rear on my 50cc Zoomer and never looked back.

With the suspension, tires and exhaust sorted, it should be a hoot in town.
But I'll be waitin till those things become available second hand....
It wouldn't surprise me that Japanese companies like Honda motorsports are finding it challenging to compete globally on price. So they cut where it makes business sense and leave discretionary change in the hands of the owners. They leverage the reputation of the brand in order to keep price premiums elevated, and I suppose, "proud". They are experiencing the same economical challenges as all other good quality vehicle manufacturers, maybe sans a few German makers.
 
Back
Top