Monkey-man

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm impressed how the little red simian fit perfectly into the back of a Honda Element. Tailgate up, strapped in, and ready to rock. Silly thing is so darn cute. Guess I'm attracted to retro-styled Honda motorcycles!

c9424dd3d76368ef580ea09277dc2a31.jpg


1c8e63c38da957705a4393bc2529a049.jpg


e03324070a326a438627464325b01db6.jpg
 
Oh how cute. Congrats. How about a pic with you sitting on it ?
 
Reminds me of the CT70 my brother had many years ago. That little bike was fun to tear around on as I'm sure the Monkey will be also.
 
Thread starter
Not sure if I'll be a safety nerd and ride it ATGATT, or just wear jeans, t-shirt, and a 3/4 helmet like the good ol' days and not know any better. The load capacity is only 220 lbs. and I imagine all my riding gear would put me way over. Come on summer!

There's a statement in the owners manual which says something like, "see your dealer if you intend to ride this motorcycle at elevations over 8000 feet." Uh, yeah, that's me. Something to do with the timing or fuel injection, I suppose.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
theres a fuel injection setting for higher altitude, same as the grom. id cruise over to Honda Grom and do a search, ive read it over there at one point. your ecu is going to be the same as an 'sf' grom, or second gen. congrats and enjoy!
Thanks m. I had no idea. The adjustment looks DIY. I'll see how the bike runs up here at the stock setting and go from there.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Always had a thing for the Element.

Honda in the blood?
Not really, but I suppose it appears that way. Let's see, I've had a '76 Civic, '77 Accord, '91 Accord, this '04 Element; a '70 Z50K1, '70 CB750K0, '73 CB350G, '76 CB400F, '78 CB750F2, '04 CB50R, '14 CB1100 DLX, this '19 Monkey; and an '06 Harmony snowblower. I've had a bunch of BMW bikes too but I don't consider myself a BMW loyalist any more than I'd consider myself a Honda loyalist.
 
Do I recall you’re 6’6”, LR? Photo on the Monkey, please.
 
Looks a heck of a lot of fun. I wish I had a lazy few grand.
 
I’m with Cormanus. I want one!

Guess I’ll have to be satisfied with my little Hallmark CB750 ornament...
 
Thread starter
Rode my first 20 miles yesterday, all on local 35 mph roads. It was 38 degrees and I was chilled, but at least the roads were dry. I need to have the ECU adjusted for altitude as the bike was unable to pull more than 38-40 mph on the straights (I weigh about 220 lbs, plus I'm at 8000' and it's very hilly around here). Fourth gear is only for downhills at this point, plus I consumed 1/3 of the fuel tank (about 1/2 gallon) to go 20 miles, so it's obviously running very rich. Fun little bike, though. The short wheelbase makes it a handful at speed. Mine has ABS on the front but the brakes are so weak, I can't imagine ever needing it. The rear brake is non-existent, almost like my BMWs (all in the name of safety, I suppose). Very slick gearbox, nice exhaust rumble, and reasonably comfortable for my tall frame. I think it'll be fun.
 
Back
Top