Mods to OEM seats?

2014ltdltz

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone modify an OEM CB1100 seat? Not asking about swap to aftermarket. Anyone have one re-foamed? Just curious.
 
2014ltdltz_imp said:
Anyone modify an OEM CB1100 seat? Not asking about swap to aftermarket. Anyone have one re-foamed? Just curious.
Not sure you want to go higher or lower, but here are a couple links that may answer your questions.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16681&highlight=seat

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15139&highlight=seat

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14709&page=2&highlight=seat

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3377&highlight=seat
 
I had mine redone at a local upholstery shop. He added a thin layer of foam to the top along with changing the pattern. It's more comfortable for me and just a tad taller ovearall.
 
Hi 2014... I also had my seat redone to try for a little more wiggle room. Eventually got an aftermarket seat but the real fix was a new hip.
Don't know what you are after but you can have this for $50 plus shipping. The pan alone is probably worth that if you want to customize. It's from a '13, same as '14.
If you are not interested I will put it in the for sale section.

Ben
 
I like the CB, but it is my city bike, and two hours on it's plank-like seat will start to give me tingles and cramps. That's why I have a long-legged runner Suzi DL1000. That seat is comfy all day! Back when I had the Sportster 1200, I had a local upholstery shop add some foam into its seat. It improved it somewhat, but I still ended up selling it to get a more comfortable distance runner better for two-up riding, but the two-up never happened, so sold that one, too,
 
The original seat of the CB1100 is not so bad, but eventually I decided to make it improved, by a local upholstery, a few miles from my home. With about 1 inch added rubber foam, comfort is really improved, especially at rear place. The cost is 300 euros for a basic modification as I was looking for. With some supplements it was possible to have some more aesthetic features (red stitching, anti-slip top cover...) but I preferred to stay on a very classical shape.
A few pictures:




Comparison before/after:


Tested last Sunday on a 200 miles ride: :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top