Modified CB1100 Pics

Withers_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
How do we not have one of these yet?

I'm going to be in the market for a CB1100 very shortly and the first thing that I needed to determine was whether it is a good base with a lot of potential for customizing. Obviously it is, so let's see pictures of modified CB1100's that people have found. Renders, actual photos, whatever. Post them up.

It's not easy to find pictures since these are still relatively new and only the Japanese and Australians had them prior to this year, so let's have a place to compile the pics we've found of modifications / customizations.
The obvious one, from Mugen:
388f0c94b96cb29b8af240b4f0c7244d.jpg


bddad1dc9aeb9f775b94e080a3841833.jpg

Whitehouse K0 conversion
dbb67a88269815f4534d6ccf41718060.jpg
 
Withers_imp said:
How do we not have one of these yet?

I'm going to be in the market for a CB1100 very shortly and the first thing that I needed to determine was whether it is a good base with a lot of potential for customizing. Obviously it is, so let's see pictures of modified CB1100's that people have found. Renders, actual photos, whatever. Post them up.

It's not easy to find pictures since these are still relatively new and only the Japanese and Australians had them prior to this year, so let's have a place to compile the pics we've found of modifications / customizations.
The obvious one, from Mugen:
388f0c94b96cb29b8af240b4f0c7244d.jpg


bddad1dc9aeb9f775b94e080a3841833.jpg

Whitehouse K0 conversion
dbb67a88269815f4534d6ccf41718060.jpg
Wow. Just wow. That picture lights my jets.

Chip
 
Withers_imp said:
With a vintage style fairing
19409b9c92d4fe02b87ef0d59fe3c881.png

Rear fender removed, clip ons installed
Withers, did you do this? How did you get a black one? All you did was give it clip ons and remove the fender? Anything else, because that is Exactly how I want mine to look!

-Aric
 
Thread starter
I haven't done any of these. They're just pictures/renders I've found in extensive internet searches :)

The black one, so far as I can see, has had the following alterations (it's just a render).
1. It's a japanese model bike (they get theirs in black)
2. Clip-on handle bars
3. Rear fender removed.
4. Mugen seat
5. New Exhaust
6. New rear shocks
7. Painted stock wheels

All in all, pretty minor changes for a drastically improved look
 
The black one also has:

Different tank
Rear brake relocated
Different engine, at least bottom half
Starter on the right side instead of the left
Instruments relocated and likely different
Different support for the passenger pegs
Different foot controls

It does look really good, but those are pretty major changes, I'd say!
Before I knew that USA was only getting the red dress, I really wanted the white one. I did this render to see how it would look with a natural leather seat.
 
I love the Mugen conversion, but the others are bit too radical for my taste. It's my long-range plan to do a mild cafe racer conversion.

I have so far been able to restrain myself from buying the aluminum bikini fairing from webike -- primarily because my wife would crap a very angry kitten if I spent $500 on it. Hopefully it'll come to the States soon for a more reasonable price, or at least somebody will make another, cheaper version of it.

The gunfighter seat I really love, but haven't been able to find it on aftermarket sites at all. Again, have to wait.

As for the exhaust, I'm going to use Fuzzy's temporary shorty conversion when I can make the time to get out in the shop and do it. Picked up most of the parts last weekend, just haven't got a Round Tuit yet.

For the rest, I'm happy to leave it as-is. While down-turn bars would look very cool, my back wouldn't like them one little bit. I went away from sportbikes a few years ago because the low clip-ons and high tank hump were making riding even short distances an increasingly uncomfortable chore. Would probably help if I lost about 20 pounds, but that would entail giving up beer, which is NOT happening. I'd be even more unpleasant company without the moderating effect of alcohol in the evenings. :)
 
I'm not sure if the Samurider site has been mentioned, nor do I know if it has anything different than that which can be found on the Web!ke site. But it might be worth checking out just the same. Typical disclaimer: I have no business interests in this site, nor have I done any business with them. Just pointing out something I found on the web.

Samurider.com CB1100 Section
 
aric650_imp said:
Withers_imp said:
With a vintage style fairing
19409b9c92d4fe02b87ef0d59fe3c881.png

Rear fender removed, clip ons installed
Withers, did you do this? How did you get a black one? All you did was give it clip ons and remove the fender? Anything else, because that is Exactly how I want mine to look!

-Aric
Withers, did you do this? How did you get a black one? All you did was give it clip ons and remove the fender? Anything else, because that is Exactly how I want mine to look!

-Aric
+1

The black one is just like an oversized 400/Four cafe, love it!
 
Just curious to know if the Mugen parts on the concept bike are one offs or can these parts be sourced through a Mugen dealer. I love the seat and the pipes. Can these parts be sourced from Mugen in Japan. I have purchased a few parts for Webike in Japan and have been pleased with this parts source. I think I would purchase the Mugan seat if it ever became available.
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Just curious to know if the Mugen parts on the concept bike are one offs or can these parts be sourced through a Mugen dealer. I love the seat and the pipes. Can these parts be sourced from Mugen in Japan. I have purchased a few parts for Webike in Japan and have been pleased with this parts source. I think I would purchase the Mugan seat if it ever became available.
I saw a similar seat on the Samurider.com | Worldwide Shipping Japanese Motorcycle Parts website.
 
Back
Top